• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could Bayonetta be Little Mac's best Doubles Partner?

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
I was just thinking about this since my best friend is going to main her when she comes out and it seems like Bayonetta could be Little Mac's best partner in doubles.
One problem is that Little Mac can't unleash his full power Smash Attacks out of fear of KOing his partner but now with Bayonetta if the player is prefect with her Witch Times she could always active Bat Within and avoid Little Mac's Smash Attacks every time plus getting an Opponent stuck in Witch Time could always be a Stock confirmed for Little Mac with a Prefect Up-Smash, Forward Smash or KO Punch. Plus it also looks like she can go in deep to save you should you not be able to recover with her Neutral B since he saw it does include flinch when it hits.

What are your all thoughts?

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I was just thinking about this since my best friend is going to main her when she comes out and it seems like Bayonetta could be Little Mac's best partner in doubles.
One problem is that Little Mac can't unleash his full power Smash Attacks out of fear of KOing his partner but now with Bayonetta if the player is prefect with her Witch Times she could always active Bat Within and avoid Little Mac's Smash Attacks every time plus getting an Opponent stuck in Witch Time could always be a Stock confirmed for Little Mac with a Prefect Up-Smash, Forward Smash or KO Punch. Plus it also looks like she can go in deep to save you should you not be able to recover with her Neutral B since he saw it does include flinch when it hits.

What are your all thoughts?
Seems logical enough, but I'll wait until Bayo's out to make a decision.

Last edited:

TakeYourHeart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
solemnpancake
It could work, but they might be one of those partnerships where one has to set the other up, as Mac has no combos and Bayonetta is all combos plus some projectiles. As a result, it would take a very coordinated team to get the most out of it (especially with to Bat Within to avoid Mac's Smashes, otherwise Bayonetta puts Mac in Witch Time as well).

But it is a solid idea in theory, even if the synergy is purely set-up based. How well Zero-Suit Samus does with Mac could be an indicator though (though Bayonetta's Neutral is probably more reliable and her combo's are likely less grab based then Zero-Suit).

TheLegendaryFoxFire

Smash Journeyman
It could work, but they might be one of those partnerships where one has to set the other up, as Mac has no combos and Bayonetta is all combos plus some projectiles. As a result, it would take a very coordinated team to get the most out of it (especially with to Bat Within to avoid Mac's Smashes, otherwise Bayonetta puts Mac in Witch Time as well).

But it is a solid idea in theory, even if the synergy is purely set-up based. How well Zero-Suit Samus does with Mac could be an indicator though (though Bayonetta's Neutral is probably more reliable and her combo's are likely less grab based then Zero-Suit).
Yeah, but since my best friend and I always Team-Up we are used to each others play at all times. The only thing we need to work on would be Getting the Bat Within triggered instead of Witch-Time, but that could also be used a bait against the opponent as well.

I guess we will see.

Top Bottom