• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Could A Bokoblin be the Next Joke Character of Smash?

TheVillagerDucky

Smash Rookie
Okay, okay, okay. Hear me out. As ridiculous as it may sound, I think it would be very cool if a Bokoblin from Breath of the Wild was in Smash Ultimate.
If you're wondering why, it's because I feel as if the next installment of Smash will need a joke character, and I feel as if they'll go for the "Let's turn a regular enemy into a fighter!" route again, like they did with Piranha Plant. I highly doubt they'll try to turn another Mario enemy into a fighter, and Bandana Dee is more of his own fleshed out character, rather than just a regular enemy. So, I feel as if Nintendo will probably turn to The Legend of Zelda franchise to find an enemy to turn into a fighter, and who else would it be besides the most common enemy of the modern Zelda games: the Bokoblin?

The Bokoblin would be based off of it's design from BOTW, and will be a lightweight character with a walk pattern reminiscent of the way it walks in BOTW, but it runs and dodges like a Lizal. In fact, it's movements aren't only based off of the Bokoblins in BOTW, but other enemies in the game as well. For example, the way it kicks is based off of the Moblins in the game, and a lot of it's specials use certain enemies from the game. It uses a variety of different weapons that come from Breath of The Wild as well. It's side smash consists of it using either a Boko Club, a Spiked Boko Club, or a Dragobone Boko Club. It's up smash has it penetrating the air with an assortment of different spears from Breath of The Wild. It's down smash has it swinging around rusting weapons, each of them having their own, unique range. Other attacks consist of it biting, scratching, kicking, punching, and throwing pebbles. For now, let's adress the specials.

Neutral Special: Bomb Arrow - While certainly not being as explosive as the bomb arrows in BOTW, the Bokoblin is able to shoot arrows that cause light explosions when they come in contact with either a surface, or another player. For this attack, the Bokoblin uses a basic Boko Bow. If this attack is used too close to an opponent, it can end up damaging Bokoblin as well. It does 4% damage.

Side-Special: Lizal Boomering - The Bokoblin swings a Lizal Boomerang, which he most likely stole from a Lizal. This boomerang is very powerful, but also has it's downsides. For one, unlike Link's boomerang, no special effects (like wind) come from the Bokoblin's boomerang. Second of all, like all weapons from BOTW, this weapon can break mid-fight, with the breaking effects from BOTW and everything. If the boomerang breaks, than it'll take 10 seconds for Bokoblin to get it back. (He'll just scratch his head if you try to preform this attack during this period of time.) The Lizal Boomerang does 8% damage to any opponents hit by it.

Up-Special (Recovery): Keese Carry - A Keese (with it's BOTW design), spawns in mid-air, and the Bokoblin decides it's a good idea to grab the poor creature while it's flying, carrying the Bokoblin along with it. The Keese flies upwards, flapping it's wings around seven times before "despawning". If the Bokoblin is hit while this is occurring, then the Keese will die, dropping a throwable item called a "Keese Eyeball", which originates from BOTW as well.

Down-Special: Octorok Cannon - The Bokoblin plucks an Octorok (disguised as a peice of grass) out of the ground. The Bokoblin then uses the Octorok like a rifle (visualize it like how Captain Brineybeard from Cuphead uses an octopus in his fight), where the Octorok shoots out rocks from it's... mouth? Anyways, this attack can only work on opponents that are a safe distance away from Bokoblin, or else the Octorok will stay put in the ground. Despite this, the attack is quite powerful, doing 7% damage to any players who get hit by it, with the knockback being quite devastating.

Final Smash: Hinox - The Bokoblin awakens a sleeping Hinox, making it angry. The Bokoblin gets on the Hinox's shoulder, as it proceeds to rush forward, kind of like Ganondorf's final smash, damaging any opponents in the way.

Taunts:
1. Bokoblin growls at the player, trying to be intimidating.
2. Bokoblin pretends to shield surf.
3. Bokoblin eats an apple. Has a 5% chance of healing 1% of health.

Palette swaps:
Red Bokoblin (regular)
Blue Bokoblin
Silver Bokoblin
White Bokoblin
Gold Bokoblin
Purple Bokoblin (from Windwaker)
"Cursed" Bokoblin (from Skyward Sword)
Green Bokoblin (Cause why not?)

Victory poses:
1. Bokoblin puts on a Bokoblin mask.
2. Bokoblin throws an explosive barrel behind him, and turns around, attempting to do the "Cool guys don't look at explosions" stunt.
3. Bokoblin blows a horn on top of a crate, and other Bokoblins come. The Bokoblin then jumps off the crate, and is caught and thrown up in the air by the others.

Anyways, the Bokoblin would be stupid, ridiculous, and undeserving of a spot in the smash roster. Honestly, that's kind of why I want him to be in the game. I designed this character to be a parody of all the other Zelda characters in smash, using moves not only derived from BOTW, but moves derived from Link, Zelda and Ganondorf's movesets as well. I mean, after all... If a plant of all things could get in, anybody can! (constructive/destructive criticism would be appreciated. Please notify me about any spelling errors you may find. Thanks!)

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
It'll come with the Phantom armor set as a costume for Link, making him the Bokoblin Slayer.

Jokes aside, so long as he's fun to play I honestly don't think I'd mind. The Bokoblin is pretty iconic at this point as well, though I do think Zelda has a bigger pool of noteworthy enemies that could be translated into fighters. The Bokoblins themselves are pretty versatile though, so I think they'd lend themselves well even if they would earn the ire of many.

On the subject of enemies as characters though, I think the Omega Metroid could actually work quite well. Can't get much more iconic than the creatures that a series is named after.

Attachments

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
A Bokoblin in Smash would be funny and I wouldn't mind it, but if one got into Ultimate first over Urbosa then I might cry. lol

TheVillagerDucky

Smash Rookie
It'll come with the Phantom armor set as a costume for Link, making him the Bokoblin Slayer.

Jokes aside, so long as he's fun to play I honestly don't think I'd mind. The Bokoblin is pretty iconic at this point as well, though I do think Zelda has a bigger pool of noteworthy enemies that could be translated into fighters. The Bokoblins themselves are pretty versatile though, so I think they'd lend themselves well even if they would earn the ire of many.

On the subject of enemies as characters though, I think the Omega Metroid could actually work quite well. Can't get much more iconic than the creatures that a series is named after.

Thanks so much for the feedback! This was my first thread, and I'm quite happy that a few people are taking notice. The idea of Omega Metroid sounds really cool. The Baby Metroid would be cool too!

A Bokoblin in Smash would be funny and I wouldn't mind it, but if one got into Ultimate first over Urbosa then I might cry. lol
Lol Urbosa would be really cool.

Top Bottom