• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cossack's Lab: The Ideal Companion (Secondary Discussion)

Just a Random Guy

Smash Cadet

Someone May pick a secundary because they like more than one character. Others may pick it to cover his/her main weacknesses. And that my friends is what we are going to disscuss here, what character covers megaman's weacknesses in the most efective way.

Since I'm the creator of the thread I'll start: I use Lil' mac because reflectors mean nothing to him.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
I'm a fan of this thread. I'm curious to see what comes up. I'm definitely a Mega Man main and feel comfortable going 100% Mega Man in every matchup so far (my poor matchups right now might be alleviated with skull barrier and more practice). However, I picked up DK as a secondary after playing some friendlies with Will and doing some homework on DK's moveset. I love the shield breaking pressure and DK just feels great as an offensive momentum character as opposed to Mega Man's low DPS & low risk/low reward defense (with beautiful punishing ability). DK also helps me with my approaches as Mega Man for when I want to be aggressive.

I've also picked up Marth, due to spacing similarities. I like the frame traps he has and I play him very reactively, which feeds into Mega Man's defensive game. And tippers are so rewarding. (Using samus right now too, but unsure how far I'll take her. She might be fun as a mind game character)

Tl;Dr I picked characters I liked whose play styles I found fun. They also happen to balance and flesh out my Mega Man's playstyle.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I picked Ness because Ness.

Although it does give me an option against some of my tough matchups. Batting a ROB laser is just way too satisfying.

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
I decided to pick Pit & good'ol Dorf as my secondaries.
For Pit, I just don't know why I picked him, but his ability to gimp is way too high. I mean, Pit can go SOOOOO deep with his recovery! And what's more, his arrows are nearly perfect pressure tools if you know how to use them properly (not in the same way as Mega Man's buster, but still) .
Meanwhile, Ganon just allows to break through pretty much any non-projectile spammers and every single hit you land feels soo good.

Karonax

Zen Blue Warrior
NNID
Karonax
3DS FC
1633-4179-2591
I went with Lucario myself, partially because I mained him in the past, and partially because he has a zoning tool (Aura Sphere) and can also play up close and personal.

Some characters are just ridiculously hard to deal with when they can easily weave through Mega Man's zone control and stay right in his face, Yoshi being a good example, he gets to Mega Man quick and stays there. Lucario has more tools to deal with a good rush down Mega Man has trouble zoning.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Good to see someone made this thread (with some Cossack love too), though the title has been misspelled. ;)

Haven't found a character that I'm as comfortable with like MM. Ike I enjoy playing as, but he doesn't feel very good on the 3DS from what I've played of the Wii U.

Am most likely just going to hold out for Mewtwo (whos boards I'm also modding) and go from there.

D

Deleted member

I mostly secondary Greninja and Kirby however I have a lot of secondaries and even some tertiary characters.

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
Megaman isn't really my main, but I think maybe Sonic or Little Mac can help cover some of his bad matchups? They both have excellent kill moves (something I think MM is lacking in), amazing mobility, and great footsies.

Top Bottom