• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Corrin Vs. Corrin MU

RebelXII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rebel133
So I have used Corrin for a while now and my rival is constantly trying to best me. I told him I hated doing the ditto of any character. Then he decides to pick up Corrin cause he thinks he can beat me. Truth is, dittos are the worst thing ever. Any advise for the Ditto MU?

Last edited:

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Don't swing first. Corrin is extremely good at whiff punishing herself. Even something like landing with nair/fair next to her, usually safe vs most characters, can be reactively punished by Corrin with Instant Pin. Same with rising fair/nair, which can be punished by rising fair/nair from the other Corrin.

Corrin can also exploit the fact that her limbs extend/stick out during some of her moves (like DL, fsmash, dsmash, etc) and get an Instant Pin. This isn't usually an issue vs most characters but DL being very quick and long range makes it dangerous to throw out these moves in the zone where Corrin is supposed to be comfortable.

It's also a good idea to fade back after a string/combo is over to avoid getting naired or daired for overextending.

I've only played the ditto a few times on FG, and it's probably one of the least enjoyable dittos (compared to the likes of Falcon dittos). Patience is key, and keep in mind that losing the ditto doesn't mean that your Corrin is necessarily worse; Corrin vs Corrin just happens to be one matchup among 57 others that requires its fair share of MU knowledge. That said, the ditto is also a good way to learn where your character falls short and struggles, and Corrin happens to be quite good at destroying herself.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Another way that Corrin's normally safe moves become unsafe in the ditto is that haphazardly throwing hitboxes in the air, whether you're trying to juggle or attempting to land, is just asking to annihilate yourself with Counter Surge. It's imperative to watch for your opponent's habits in this case - if they keep trying to Nair or Dair through you when you chase them, keep CS in your pocket to be pulled out at kill percent. Maybe even let them succeed a few times and reset to neutral just to give them the impression it's working. As for going on the offensive in the air, it's probably best to threaten your opponent with aerials rather than try to actually hit them every time - missing on purpose so that you can bait an airdodge or counter and then jump back in for the finish works wonders here.

WhiteMageBD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wmiller2533
Don't swing first. Corrin is extremely good at whiff punishing herself. Even something like landing with nair/fair next to her, usually safe vs most characters, can be reactively punished by Corrin with Instant Pin. Same with rising fair/nair, which can be punished by rising fair/nair from the other Corrin.

Corrin can also exploit the fact that her limbs extend/stick out during some of her moves (like DL, fsmash, dsmash, etc) and get an Instant Pin. This isn't usually an issue vs most characters but DL being very quick and long range makes it dangerous to throw out these moves in the zone where Corrin is supposed to be comfortable.

It's also a good idea to fade back after a string/combo is over to avoid getting naired or daired for overextending.

I've only played the ditto a few times on FG, and it's probably one of the least enjoyable dittos (compared to the likes of Falcon dittos). Patience is key, and keep in mind that losing the ditto doesn't mean that your Corrin is necessarily worse; Corrin vs Corrin just happens to be one matchup among 57 others that requires its fair share of MU knowledge. That said, the ditto is also a good way to learn where your character falls short and struggles, and Corrin happens to be quite good at destroying herself.
Your wrong about the dragon part being apart of Corrins body, all of corrins dragon weapons are disjointed except when he has his arm pinned on the ground with dragon lunge. Good summary though.

Last edited:

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
This matchup is weird because on how 'jank' it seems to be, which turn it makes me hate this ditto.

I usually only go for those small strings that are sort of confirmed. Also, mind the DFS at full charge. I believe you can cancel it by throwing an uncharged shot due to the low priority of the move.

Other than that, try to go for a grab, as other mentioned, if you swing first and fail, you will get punished.

The only thing I'm not sure is how to end a stock. Any ideas? might keep DL fresh or an Uthrow. Other times I've gotten the KO is by paralyzing them at 100% with a full charge and run and hit the tipper of side B, but I'm not sure what would be the best way to KO in the ditto.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Your wrong about the dragon part being apart of Corrins body, all of corrins dragon weapons are disjointed except when he has his arm pinned on the ground with dragon lunge. Good summary though.
I never said that dragon fang moves were entirely hurtboxes. While those moves are significantly disjointed, parts of corrin's limbs are still present below the visual effects, with some moves even stretching the limb beyond how they normally are. Again, since she pulls back after most moves quite fast, this isn't a issue with most characters but the opponent having Dragon Lunge at their disposal makes it a different story.

I did some research on this a while back to debunk/confirm the rumors that Corrin's moves weren't disjointed

Top Bottom