• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin Stall Tech

lazypuddle2

Smash Rookie
Hi everyone, so this is super situational but if you use Corrin's neutral B off stage near the bottom blast zone and fire the projectile (doesn't have to be fully charged) and have the bite fully charged, during the charging animation of the bite and the animation of the bite you don't die at the blast zone instead you stall the death by about a second, I can only think this is useful if neither you or your opponent will be able to recover after they went deep for your stock, and you are both on 1 stock, and then the stall at the blast zone means they die before you, I haven't tried this at the side blast zones so not sure if it will help survive longer somehow? But I thought it would be good to let Corrin players know about this just in case you guys find a way to use it better than I explained.

Sonicfiend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sonicfiend
3DS FC
0903-3749-1655
I don't know how useful that is stalling at the edge of the bottom blast zone, but I have used the Dragon Fang Shot to stall myself in mid-air near the ledge when recovering; catching many foolhardy enough to try and gimp by means of a Fair, Bair or Nair.
I've even closed games that way at higher percents.

Cloud's mid-air Blade Beam can also be applied this way to force opponents to back away or get hit, allowing him just a slightly higher chance to get back on stage safely.

lazypuddle2

Smash Rookie
I don't know how useful that is stalling at the edge of the bottom blast zone, but I have used the Dragon Fang Shot to stall myself in mid-air near the ledge when recovering; catching many foolhardy enough to try and gimp by means of a Fair, Bair or Nair.
I've even closed games that way at higher percents.

Cloud's mid-air Blade Beam can also be applied this way to force opponents to back away or get hit, allowing him just a slightly higher chance to get back on stage safely.
Oh no way I can't believe I missed that, I didn't know the bite stalled in the air! I though it was some jank thing that happened at the blast zones, and I have only really just picked up Corrin so i'll keep that in mind thanks!

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, this can actually be quite useful, especially considering the bite puts out a VERY dangerous hitbox. It can be a great spacing mixup.

Top Bottom