• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Corrin Social - Still Fire Emblem Social

Nah

Smash Champion
mmmm buff/nerf discussions

Honestly I'd be fine if ZSS and Meta Knight don't get touched. Sheik I want Needles to get nerfed slightly but I'll live if they don't.

I also think that Mewtwo doesn't need much in the way of buffs anymore. Last patch was huge for it, and imo all it really needs is a couple of frames shaved off of the start-up of Nair and Jab, as well as a slightly better Utilt hitbox.

Likewise, any Robin buff would be nice, but I can't think of a specific one other than his running speed or grab range. I'd also love to see Marth and Lucina get some love since they've been largely neglected, but if they don't it wouldn't be the worst thing since I still enjoy them.
Jumpsquat. Daddy Sakurai plz give Robin a frame 5 jumpsquat that's all she needs right now

Also Marth and Lucina haven't been neglected per se; they've actually gotten a fairly large number of buffs over the past year. It's just that none of it was truly meaningful (even the jab change). But yes, they could still use something (though I'm not exactly confident that they'll actually give them a buff that matters).

But besides all that, all I really want right now is some minor Cloud tweaks, Zelda to get buffed (at least make Din's Fire not put her into helpless when used in the air ffs), and any and all remaining hitbox-animation issues to be gone (looking at you, Captain Falcon Fsmash).

D

Deleted member

Mewtwo also needs way better grab range. There's no reason why a Pokemon with such powerful physic powers should have grab range as awful as Ganondorf's.

Acker

Your fate is clear!
NNID
AckerPro
3DS FC
2063-0367-4665
Also Marth and Lucina haven't been neglected per se; they've actually gotten a fairly large number of buffs over the past year. It's just that none of it was truly meaningful (even the jab change). But yes, they could still use something (though I'm not exactly confident that they'll actually give them a buff that matters).
Actually with this incoming patch Marth fair's tipper does 13%.

Speaking of buff/nerf, I really want a decent range and/or less lag on Robin's grab and that jumpsquat idea from Nah seems also great!
On the nerf side I want more lag on Sheik's needles and a dthrow that doesn't connect with a follow up at something like 130% and a "less safe" ZSS (more lag on her aerials or something, just because at the moment her only weakness is her grab) and maybe some tweaks to Cloud because his uair and dair are just stupid moves right now.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
The first time they talk about Corrin Kirby you post the completely wrong image
The next day when images of Corrin Kirby are out, you post again but ended up being a :079:

You get an A+ for Effort, though
Atleast you tried, and that's what mattered :dedede:

D

Deleted member

Guys, we must become the best social on Smashboards. We could surpass the Robin social. We could out-sass the Zelda social. Think of the possibilities.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Guys, we must become the best social on Smashboards. We could surpass the Robin social. We could out-sass the Zelda social. Think of the possibilities.
Merge this with the Dedede boards and we'll become god
Well I mean
We've reached almost 100 pages within the time of a month or so
So we must be doing something right :dedede: :4corrinf:

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I can't get over how ridiculously fake that would've looked a year and a half ago.
"Yuck, Roy"
"Cloud would never be in Smash, he's from Sony"
"Bayonetta is M for Mature, Smash is a kids game"
"Who the **** is that anime **** up in the front"
~2013 Speculation
(AKA SmashChu)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"Yuck, Roy"
"Cloud would never be in Smash, he's from Sony"
"Bayonetta is M for Mature, Smash is a kids game"
"Who the **** is that anime **** up in the front"
~2013 Speculation
(AKA SmashChu)
"2 more Fire Emblem characters? And another clone of Marth at that? That's more than Pokemon if we don't get Mewtwo back."

That would have looked fake only eight months ago!
True, but a year and a half ago the game wasn't out, and we didn't even think DLC was coming, especially like this. And we'd been pelted with so many fake pictures and stuff.

Did we even know about Fire Emblem If in the summer of '14?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
yeah totes fine with aiming for best social, as long as Waifu wars stay out of it. Oh and whining, We don't need that kind of negativity in our lives.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914

Holy ****, Kirby looks awesome
He looks like a badass dragon Power Ranger :laugh:
This easily wins the award of coolest and cutest Copy Ability since Bowser Kirby.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
The first time they talk about Corrin Kirby you post the completely wrong image
The next day when images of Corrin Kirby are out, you post again but ended up being a :079:

You get an A+ for Effort, though
Atleast you tried, and that's what mattered :dedede:
c:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Found Corrin's location!

This is 100% a wall, so Dragon Lunge can stick to walls!
We got us a recovery option, ladies and gents! :dedede:
Nice! It was specifically stated that he can jump out of that, so he's got some sort of alternate wall jump/cling thing! That's pretty great.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Found Corrin's location!

This is 100% a wall, so Dragon Lunge can stick to walls!
We got us a recovery option, ladies and gents! :dedede:
Now the real question is what we can do with this.
Dragon Lunge's Options;
  1. Jump (Exactly what you think it is)
  2. Kick Forward (Launches us along the same angle as Dragon Lunge)
  3. Kick Backward (Launches us backwards at a slightly low tragectory)
  4. Cancel (If unchanged since the Direct, this puts us into Freefall/Helpless)
So let's evaluate.

Jump;
If the jump this move gives doesn't count as a Double Jump, we could use Dragon Lunge as a 3rd Jump to improve recovery.
On stages like Yoshi's Island (BRAWL), we could potentially have infinite jumps if the game lets us use Dragon Lunge again after the Jump maneuver.

Kick Forward;
This could be used to Stage Spike if we know just how far Dragon Lunge can stick (If it could stick to an edge of Battlefield or Lylat, this would be amazing)

Kick Backward;
If we got a Double Jump handy, we could stick to a wall, kick backward, gimp an opponent, Double Jump and Up B back to the stage.

Cancel;
Don't

OPTIONS :4pacman:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know, but I thought that would answer the question on if Dragon Lunge can pin to walls.
Oh, my b; I assumed it was a post about maybe seeing a wall on Umbra Clock Tower, which would be a shame because everyone wants it to be legal. I don't know why I jumped to that conclusion, but my apologies.

Yeah, if Corrin can side-b walls and then cancel-jump straight up, it has the potential to be an interesting recovery option.

Also: I assume we don't know yet if Corrin can wall jump (probably not, based on every other FE character, but Corrin's a little different so here's hoping). I wonder if Side-B into wall -> Forward kick -> wall jump is an option if so...

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That's gonna be a tough goal, considering the Bayonetta social exists~

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm still hoping for Dragon Lunge to ignore shields. Wishful thinking, perhaps, but as I've already gotten my gaming dream of Rosalina and my manly dream of a chainsaw-wielding dragon getting into Smash, it's not too far off.
Isn't it technically a command grab? Also, imagine if you can stick on someone in midair, they try recovering, and then you snatch onto them, forcing them to go down

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Lord have mercy if Dragon Lunge is a command grab.

Top Bottom