• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin Matchup?

Regulus

Smash Cadet
NNID
Count_Boognish
3DS FC
3351-4181-6573
Corrin seems like a tough mu for Bowser Jr as I don't think we can punish his sideb from shield and even his recovery isn't easy to interrupt. Tips?

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
The late kick from sideb (after the initial swing off his spear) can activate a Koopa,and we can usually kart around any b move I. The neutral and get a fair hit.
That all. I can't think of as I don't them much.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Speaking from experience as a Corrin main, this matchup is definitely in Corrin's favor. Jr's approach game is pretty poor and Corrin pretty much always controls the pace of the match.

Mr Puddles

Smash Rookie
NNID
Empulsion777
It's a reading match really. Shield. A lot. They are annoying. Most Corrins I went against spam the side b/nairs over and over again. I try and space/wall them out with koopa/kart cancels/cannon. Until either a side b or a dash attack. Nairs are too fast to punish unless koopa saves you. Your biggest advantage against them though is edge guarding. Once they are forced to use their up b it's easy to gimp in comparison With kamikaze at edge, z dropping koopa/aerials. Their up b makes them vulnerable other then the start up.

TheQTpie

Smash Cadet
NNID
Qu1nn9250
Corrin's side b is in my opinion his best move and is very safe, trying to punish it is really not worth it. In order to deal with Corrin you need to catch him off guard/get a good punish and take advantage of your combo game. As far as edge guarding it's a lot easier to do so with a mecha koopa in hand, z-dropping the mecha koopa in the face and getting a fair/bair is what I find most effective.

BelieveInParappa

Smash Rookie
NNID
BelieveInParappa
What I do vs. Corrin (it usually works out)

- Don't side-B excessively. This is a bad idea vs any character because of how easily telegraphed and punished the move can be, but it's really detrimental against Corrin, who can side-B you for 19% and get over 20% from one string off of a nair or fair. I only side-B to react to what he does or to fake him out by jumping.

- Don't get faired. Part of what makes Corrin dangerous is how much he gets off of fair. He can rack up big damage off of fair and, at later percents, combo fair > uair for a kill. If you're going to attack him with your own fair or bair, try to beat him to the punch by hitting him with your aerial before he hits you. Note that your fair has similar range to his, but his is faster.

- Gimp/edgeguard the hell out of him. Have a mech in your hand when he has to recover low and throw it down at him as he up-B's. At high percents, he won't come back unless he uses the propulsion from his bair, but you can kill him outright by comboing the downward mech throw into a fair or a side-B spinout. The spinout kills earlier than the fair does.

- Take him to a stage with bigger blast zones. Your increased lifespan against his side-B, up-throw, and other attacks will help a lot.

- Take note of the fact that Corrin can counter your mech as it's walking. Some Corrins will use this often. (off-topic, but also take note of the fact that Bayonetta can Witch Time you with your own mech)

TL;DR don't take excessive damage, but don't let him walk all over you either. Assert yourself in the neutral and maintain stage control with your mechs.

Top Bottom