• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Corrin Aerial and Grounded Heatmaps

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Hey there! You may remember me from my previous thread on Corrin's notable disjoints. Here I am this time, presenting you with an aerial and grounded version of Corrin's heatmaps.

The purpose of a heatmap is to give you an idea of Corrin's approximate hitbox coverage within a period of time (mesured in frames). These pics show you where you can attack and how fast you'll do so. Basically, Corrin's "threat bubble" or "presence", if you will, which I find a valuable asset to be aware of for a character gifted with such range. Also helps to show potential blindspots.

Some stuff to keep in mind before starting:
  • These aren't 100% accurate; I used static images of most of the moves shown and assumed the sword trails are reliable. Some hitboxes are much more accurate than others, notably nair, bair (early and late), upsmash, dsmash (can't find the source on this one), Dragon Lunge and up-b (part 1, 2, 3), courtesy of @Lavani.
  • Both the aerial and grounded heatmaps were made using a fixed position; movement wasn't taken into account.
  • Intervals of 3 frames we're used per color to make things easier to see and make my job easier.
  • Not all moves in Corrin's moveset are depicted.
  • The frame data for each move can be found at the following references: KuroganeHammer, LordWilliam1234's sheets.
Grounded Heatmap

• Moves depicted are: jab 1, ftilt (both sides), uptilt, dtilt, fsmash (both sides, all variations), fsmash charge (both sides), dsmash, upsmash and side-b (both sides). Grab, dash attack, jab 2/3, DFS, any aerial, and up-b are NOT shown.
  • Everything was taken from an idle position, no aerial or turnaround moves are included (iirc DL, ftilt and fsmash bypass the turnaround animation)
  • Upsmash, uptilt and dsmash should have parts that are green, but for clarity's sake I just counted them as frame 13 (yellow).
  • Uptilt might hit lower, probably as low as where jab starts but I didn't have time to test this and these pics we're taken weeks ago.
  • From a standing position we can threaten more than 1/3rd of FD within 20 frames.
  • For an OoS heatmap, just add 7 frames to everything here except for upsmash.
Here are the individual frame intervals when not overlapped, for reference:
Parts_of_dsmash_upsmash_and_uptilt.jpg

Aerial Heatmap

• Moves depicted are: nair, fair, bair, uair, dair, side-b (both sides), and up-b. DFS is NOT shown.
  • Since Corrin will either be rising or falling at any given point during a jump, the area you cover will naturally follow you, so the above representation isn't exactly possible in-game.
  • Since I stopped considering moves after frame 20, the later parts of up-b are not shown.
Here are the individual frame intervals when not overlapped, for reference:

NOTE: a lot of the following pictures are missing large chunks of hitboxes, since the later images are supposed to show new areas covered by the same move. Notably, dair and nair will appear much smaller in the below pics than they actually are ingame, but we're shown as to not overlap the same move 5 times in the above heatmap, with little movement between each picture. In nair's case, there will always be hitbox bubbles following the move as Corrin swings. As for dair, the legs and, uhh, lances are likewise always covered with hitboxes as Corrin dives to the ground (courtesy of @Furil).

These images we're taken ingame, resetting to the same position after each shot (3 back rolls from the left ledge). Afterwards, all the pics used for a heatmap we're assigned to a layer in Paint Tool Sai, from where I made additional layers on which I would select and paint the move's trails/assumed hitboxes. From there on, it was a matter of hiding the layers I wouldn't use for the heatmap and lowering the opacity on the ones I would use in a way to make everything visible, and tada~

Hope this helps!

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
Excellent work as always Empyrean, detailed information such as this helps give a better understanding on what to look out for when playing with/against Corrin. It definitely helps in learning the matchup, keep up the good work.

Hero_2_All

Smash Apprentice
Made your maps 100 percent accurate, eh... And just after I posted the old ones on reddit. Or maybe you made theese in response to the intrest there. Any hoo maybe ill share this version if you or no one else does in a month or so. Side note: GJ man.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Made your maps 100 percent accurate, eh... And just after I posted the old ones on reddit. Or maybe you made theese in response to the intrest there. Any hoo maybe ill share this version if you or no one else does in a month or so. Side note: GJ man.
The grounded heatmap is the exact same as the one that went on reddit, but I've been meaning to correct the aerial one for some time now, and like you said, them being on reddit was what motivated me to work on this.

Thanks again tho, and I'd like to repeat that these aren't 100% accurate yet. Feel free to share them around, might get some more people involved in the boards here.

Top Bottom