• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl

xrazex

Smash Rookie
Hi Community

I've signed up here to ask you a question,yes its about Project M and its important for me so i hope for good help. :(

Ok now i'll explain in detail what i did.

First i've put my sd card into my computer.

After that i've downloaded Project M 3.0.

Followed by putting all the files into my sd card.

Then i've put my sd card into my wii.

After that i've looked for a copy of super smash bros brawl but there was none,then i've tried to copy the file from my wii system but this fils is like locked you can't copy or move it so here's my question.

How can i copy my super smash bros brawl ?

I really need ur help.

Thanks in adance.

tan(90

Smash Apprentice
You don't "copy" Super Smash Bros Brawl. Project M patches through Super Smash Bros Brawl through either the Stage Builder Exploit, or through ocarina codes.
Assuming your wii isn't hacked, download the "Hackless" version of project m, extract it in the root of your SD card, then put it inside your wii, launch Super Smash Bros Brawl disc and go to stage builder and then the launcher should work it's magic. You should then be able to play Project: Melee.

xrazex

Smash Rookie
And how do i put the files into my wii if i look at the memory data of my sd card there's nothing.

And if i go into the stage builder the Project isn't activating.

xrazex

Smash Rookie
There you see it a Copy of Brawl and my brawl/wii is not north american im german.

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
Then you will need the Homebew channel, a USB loader, and a North American copy of Brawl.

Otherwise, you're out of luck.

xrazex

Smash Rookie
But my browser can't find any acces to bootmii.org so i can't install the homebrew channel

xrazex

Smash Rookie
sry that i don't understand everything about Project M i just wanna know how to get a usb/sd backup of ntsc-u :/

tan(90

Smash Apprentice
A backup of Brawl is a Super Smash Bros Brawl.iso file. It's illegal to distribute it, so you have to find it yourself. But you can use this backup of brawl and put it on a 8GB USB to emulate Brawl using a usb loader.

xrazex

Smash Rookie
And what would happen if i use utorrent and download the Super Smash Bros NTSC.iso and put it on my sd card ?
Would it work ?

Y-L

Smash Champion
The Project M files are what goes on the SD card not the game. We can't discuss illegally downloading files on this website.

xrazex

Smash Rookie
I know but the problem is on my usb is written that its a 8GB usb but if i put in in my computer are only 7.45GB left and the Brawl File needs 7,95GB.

I don't know why its not 8GB. -_-

tan(90

Smash Apprentice
I know but the problem is on my usb is written that its a 8GB usb but if i put in in my computer are only 7.45GB left and the Brawl File needs 7,95GB.

I don't know why its not 8GB. -_-
Don't worry, it just says that. Just get WBFS loader, then let it format your USB to WBFS format, then let it add the iso to your WBFS-Formatted USB, and load up the game using a USB loader (preferably, CFGLoader) then set ocarina on, hooktypes to VBI and add your SD with the project m homebrew version files, launch the game and then finally, the most important step.

Get good.

xrazex

Smash Rookie
If i enter the USB/CFGLoader it kicks me out back to the wii menu.

xrazex

Smash Rookie
Ok the only thing i just need to know now is how to turn Ocarina on.

Could someboy explain in detail how to get Ocarina/the codes ?

xrazex

Smash Rookie
Ok im stupid there are too many posts i know but its really not as easy as you guys may think.

First Problem is:I've been searching in Google for results how to get Ocarina and there are a lot ways to do it like using codemanager or Riivolution etc.

But the main problem is that my USBLoader/CFGLoader don't work if i start the channel my wii just sends me back to the channel menu and i also know that the only way to turn ocarina on is to get into one of these channels.(correct me if im wrong)

I also used WBFS Manager and copied the SSBBNTSC on my usb stick put it into my wii and tried to get into the Channel but as i explained before it didn't work.

So i've figured out what could be wrong,there was no save option so the file isn't really on my usb but when i tried to open it said the would be a file so that's impossible.

The results i've got on my expidition were useless all of them wrote the same think how to hack ssbb but not how to install Project M with Ocarina so it was useless too.

So sry for my posts its very hard to understand everything because there are so many different ways to do it.

Ok i just want to know how to get into the USBLoader channel.

xrazex

Smash Rookie
Ok i got it but i can't find ocarina + the version i downloaded was RSBP01 and not RSBE01.

xrazex

Smash Rookie
Ok i give up nothing works for me if i try to hack/mod SSBB.

Seems like no Tutorial can help me and i will never be able to hack. ;(

So i can also maybe stop playing the game. :/ Because there's not so much fun if you don't play with a mod / hacks.

But im still asking myself why they made no version for PAL. :(

Well thanks for the help but it seems like nobody can help me. :/

xrazex

Smash Rookie
And its also funny that i usually downloaded a RSBE01 file because when i copied it on my usb stick i could see RSBE01 Super smash bros brawl but CFGLoader says its RSBP01

tan(90

Smash Apprentice
God, you posted 10 times in a row. CFGLoader/USBLoader send you back to the home screen because its not reading the necessary CFG/USBLoader files off your SD. Make sure that the files are in you SD, in the apps folder. 2nd, inside of CFGLoader, search around the the goddamn options and find it yourself. Can you do anything yourself?

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
God, you posted 10 times in a row. CFGLoader/USBLoader send you back to the home screen because its not reading the necessary CFG/USBLoader files off your SD. Make sure that the files are in you SD, in the apps folder. 2nd, inside of CFGLoader, search around the the goddamn options and find it yourself. Can you do anything yourself?
hey there, play nice. Help and Support demands a certain temperament.

Last edited:

xrazex

Smash Rookie
Ok its finally worked and orcarian wasn't in the channel it was in the settings if you start the game from there.

Thanks for your help guys.

SirBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seymorebuts
So I have a similar problem I have ripped an ISO but the pm ISO builder keeps giving the error that says ssbb back up is not found. But the ISO I ripped was 7.2 gig also I'm using clean rip. Is there a way to configure it or should I use a different program to dump the ISO?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So I have a similar problem I have ripped an ISO but the pm ISO builder keeps giving the error that says ssbb back up is not found. But the ISO I ripped was 7.2 gig also I'm using clean rip. Is there a way to configure it or should I use a different program to dump the ISO?
1. Which ISO builder are you using?
2. Where are you putting the ISO when you run the builder?

Y-L

Smash Champion
Cleanrip is the best program for this. You may have just got a bad dump try running it again. But first make sure your iso is in the same directory as the iso builder and also try running as administrator.

SirBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seymorebuts
1. Which ISO builder are you using?
2. Where are you putting the ISO when you run the builder?
It's clean rip on the Wii u homebrew and I ripped the iso to a 8gig usb and I think it scrubbed it. The iso is in same folder and hdd as the builder.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Cleanrip isn't an ISO builder. The ISO builder is the tool you run, probably via the command line, to turn the ISO of Brawl into one of PM.

that said, isn't Brawl bigger than 8 GB? At least, if you rip the full disc, it should be 8.54 GB, because it's a dual-layer disc, and Cleanrip rips the whole thing, zeroes and all (as opposed to something like USB Loader GX, which drops update partitions and such)

SirBacon

Smash Cadet
NNID
Seymorebuts
Cleanrip isn't an ISO builder. The ISO builder is the tool you run, probably via the command line, to turn the ISO of Brawl into one of PM.

that said, isn't Brawl bigger than 8 GB? At least, if you rip the full disc, it should be 8.54 GB, because it's a dual-layer disc, and Cleanrip rips the whole thing, zeroes and all (as opposed to something like USB Loader GX, which drops update partitions and such)
I did know it wasn't an iso builder i have the builder on my pc. Do you think the iso might have been scrubbed accidentally because my usb is only a 8 gig? Should I try ripping and dumping it to a 64 gig sd card?

Xi L'apparross-Grandz

Smash Rookie
hey does anyone know how to get SSBB iso on a usb so I can use a usb loader on my wii to play Project M? It keeps telling me my iso is to big but the usb is a 16g so it's not that. can anyone help?

Top Bottom