• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

copy of melee

c@m

Smash Rookie
So I've had PM for a while and since everyone at my college campus plays melee I've decided to get a copy of melee to practice with. Only problem is the prices online. Im looking at the $40-$45 range cus thats my budget since I'm a student, but all the prices are from like 50-80+ anyone know of any sites that have the game for about that price, i can't find any on craigslist, amazon, or ebay. :( id just rather have a hard copy than get the home-brew channel

Heavy Gomez

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyGomer
Unfortunately the prices for melee are pretty nuts. If you really want to practice it I'd say go with the homebrew/backup option for now but keep an eye out for a hard copy if you're really intent on getting one. You could also try checking around in local shops or ask around your school for used copies instead of online.

Steelo Rivers

Smash Cadet
Honestly, its probably easier (and cheaper) for you to run it via USB on your wii. What I would recommend is use it via USB until you can find a copy for a decent price. Once you find an actual copy of the game, then just keep the USB for backup in case something happens.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I've always just used other peoples copies. Not like borrowing them, which you could probably do too, but I just play with other people and that's how I get my practice. For general tech I've always just practiced in PM.

JDP

Smash Rookie
Hey dude I started with PM myself and fell in love with melee after trying it out. I hope you have a good time playing once you do get your hands on the game. I would recommend waiting until you can get another 10-15 dollars to buy the game since you do not want to go through homebrew and mod your wii. If hacking your wii is an option in the future and you aren't sure how to do it hit up your local smash facebook page and offer $20 for somebody to hack it and install 20XX or vanilla Melee onto a usb/sd for you. If you do this make sure you provide the usb/sd that is able to hold 16GB they go for around $20 at walmart.

Last edited:
Top Bottom