• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Copied abilities. What to swallow.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
This is a list of the advantages and disadvantages of Kirbys copied abilities. You all probably know them, but it would be nice to have a tangible form to them. There will be Pro's, Con's and a general statement. At the end there is a Yay or Nay saying whether its worth it to copy.
due to request, i've included a damage guide, (for Max percent) and a guide of what to do against hte character. Which is coming soon for the most part.

Dr. Mario's Megavitamins: Kirby dons The Doctors headgear and has the ability to shoot his megavitamins. You can still Pill rush with these, and there a good projectile as well. It does 8% damagage. They only go half the distance though.
Against Dr. Mario: This cancels out his pills when he goes on a pill rush, so try to use it or duck under them. If the doctor mario your facing Like his pills, then use these to cancel them. You don't have as much range, but that can be good if he capes your pills. Use them *** cover and Try to WD in as to duck any pills. Try tto use it as a cover fire or a projectile come-back.
Damage: 8%
Pros: Pill rush, gives kirby a projectile, same damage.
Cons: half Distance.
Yay

Mario's Fireball: Kirby puts on that oh-so-familiar Cap worn by Nintendos main mascot. It still goes less distance, as with almost all his copied moves. Its a good projectile seeing as kirby has no really good projectiles. Kirby's fireball has a lower bounce, which is a good thing and a bad thing. It does 6% damage at most.
Against Mario: Afaik Mario's don't use these as muc has Pills. Use them as a basic projectile. You can duck Marios fireballs, but the timing is hard, and he can always cape yours. Use them as coverfire so you can get a u-tilt combo going.
Damage: 6%
Pros: Good projectile, lower bounce, can't be ducked
Cons: Shorter range, can be jumped easily, short.
Yay

Luigi's Fireball: He wears the other-brother's green L cap and is given access to Luigi's green fireball. It has the same range as Luigi's fireball, making it more effective, and it doesn't succumb to gravity as mario's does. It does 6% damage.
Against Luigi: These don't bounce or go as far. You can duck these, but don't bother, cancel them with yours, then Sh throw a few and get in there. I find the primary use for firealls is cover.
Pros: Just as equal as Luigi's, again, kirby gets a projectile
Cons: Its a short projectile.
Yay

Bowser's firebreath: A good yet short range move, cool headgear to boot. It goes the same distance as bowsers, and does the same damage. A great pressure tool as it gives you the same advantage as bowser. Kirby does his Fire pose from Kirby's adventure when doing this.
Against Bowser: As Cyphus said, since bowser is heavy, this can rack up damage pretty quickly. You can still Flame cancel (if someone could PM me and tell me what that is it would be great, i'm not a bowser player). Seeing as it goes the same distance, you can always dair to flame for a good combe, then since your in close, do some utilt and finish it with a Uair. Bowser is a big target, but will send you flying.
damage: 2-1% per hit.
Pros: Multi hitting, distance like mario-copied fireball.
Cons: shrinks over time, rather slow.
Yay

Peach's assistant Toad: Kirby wears a crown, and can bring out the mushrom headed toad anytime he wants. Not a terribly useful move, as it requires a bit of anticipation. Still does the same thing and has the same properties.
Against peach: I find this move takes timing. It's like a dodge except can't be done as easily out of a shield and it will lag.
Damage: 8%? (may vary on attack.)
Pros: blocks all damage, same range and duration.
Cons: hard to pull off, a slight bit of lag.
Nay

Yoshi's Eggification: He wears a hat that a Yoshi fan would wear at a convention. Not as much range, but same damage. It may be useful, but its hard to use effectively.
Against Yoshi: If you stay low his eggs won't be as effective, if you get this in, you will have a good free damage second, and it sends the up a little, setting him up for a utilt or bair.
Damage: 7%
Pros: Fair damage, egg encased opponents
Cons: rather slow, eggs don't last long, easy to DI out of.
Nay

DK's Giant Punch: Kirby wears a brown fur suit, and gains muscle matter. It does 30% when fully charged, is fast as well, but the range is pitiful. It can be comboed into easily however, and makes a good finisher. Thanks to G-regulate for this information.
Against DK: You can utilt to jump punch (thanks to G-regulate for this) for a good combo. Since DK is heavy you might normally have a bti of trouble with him. This can KO him easily, and is alot more powerful than some of your moves. Great damage as well.
Damage: 18% fully charged.
Pros: power, speed
Cons: Range is pitiful.
Yay

Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch: Kirby puts on Falcons racing helmet and gains the feeiry punch of the captain. A good 25% on this, but its slow, and has absolutely Horrid range. Just don't take it unless you like the helmet. Ths spit is much better.
Against Captain falcon: Captain falcon is fast. I'd suggest only using this if his shield breaks, of ifyou get behind him after initiates his falcon punch. I'd prefer to spit him out and dair him off the edge though.
Damage: 25%
Pros: power
Cons: slow, Bad range
Nay

Ganondorf's Warlock Punch: Ugh, it gives kirby his hair and head jewels and one of Kirby's WORST copyable abilities. It does 32%, but is slow slow and had no range. This move is one of, if not THE worst thing kirby can copy.
Against Ganondorf: You can use this to counter his, or againts his utilt. Its slow and rather pointless however.
Damage: 32%
Cons: slow, slow, Low, low, low range.

Falco's Blaster: This makes kirby look hideous, but gives him him a great projectile. It does the same damage, same range, but it can still SHB, just not as effective. You get two blasts in a jump. This is great, not to slow, great range, and an all-around good move.
Against Falco: This can be used to counter his SHB, its good on the approach, though he can reflect them. That was the shines original purpose, remember. Its a good projectile.
Damage: 3%
Pros: Good range, SHB, rather quick.
Cons: Makes kirby look funny.
Yay

Fox's Blaster: Kirby dons Fox's ears and communicator and access to his rapid-fire blaster. You can still SHB, but its more effective as fox, i think. This is a ggreat projectile and one of the best things you can copy. You can rack out damage quickly and with little chance of being countered immediately. It doesn't stun like falco's, but its just as, if not more useful.
Against fox: SHB again, it can be used against a blaster happy fox. Though they can just shine them, Be careful not to get caught in his tricks, and use this to stay farthe away.
Damage: 2%
Pros: range, fast, rapid-fire.
Cons: no stun,
Yay

Ness's PK flash: Kirby wears a cool cap, but instead of getting the awesome PK fire from last game, he gets the pitiful flash. Its hard to hit with and leaves you open for along time. It hits strong, but tis slow and easy to dodge and counter.
Against ness: I'd only use this if he goes too high with a KN thunder or something, its hard to use iin a 1-on-1.
damage: 36% fully charged
Cons: slow, easy to dodge, leaves you open.
Nay

Ice Climbers's Ice shot:
Kirby puts on his parka and has the hammer of the IC's, bringing his hammer total up to 2, if you grab the hammer item, then its 3. He shoots 1 ice block only, taking away alot of usefulness. It has good range though. Still knocks them Up if you hit with the hammer.
Against IC's: USe this randomly, its not good as a counter as they have two, and they might counter yours with theres. Pop it out when falling from a ledge so they don't run in. This can also be used to separate them if you hit only one with the hammer part. Even the stun or freeze effect can be used.
Damage: 4%
Pros: range, fair speed
Cons: One, not two.
Meh

Kirby's Swallow/Spit: You can copy any ability another kirby has, and i you steal it from him. One option is to spit them out instead of copying. You spit them out as a star, This could be followed by a dair for a kill.
Against Kirby: Your best bet is to KO him hard off the sides or the top. if you can get a usmash in its good. Spiking him is impossible due to his odd ability to recover.
TIPS ON LANDING THE SWALLOW:
The swallow is rather slow, the probably best time is when they shield, stunned, or when you jump in with it. If you jump off, swallow, then float back up you will most likely get edgegaurded. Unless your far enough out that it doesn't matter.
Damage: 10 %
Pros: N/A
Cons:N/A
Yay

Samus's Charge shot: Kirby puts on his space helmet and can charge the powerful projectile. This is the a candidate for Best copyable ability. It gives kirby a great projectile, Great range, fast, 25% fully charged. It travels lower than samus's, so It can't be ducked by another kirby in an FFA.
Against samus: This helps so much. Samus is also floaty, as Cyphus said. She has many projectiles, and if you jump shot this after she shot hers it can hurt her alot. IMO this is one of the best, along with blaster, pills and shadow ball, projectiles in the game.
damage: 25%
Pros: Power, Speed, Range, Cool helmet
Cons: charge.
Yay

Zelda's Nayru's Love: Kirby wears the headress Zelda wore as a child in Oot. This move reflects all projectiles and can hurt opponents. Its range isn't too good, but its a good shield. it makes a powerful in-close attack. As pointed out by JiggersSmash
Against Zelda: This can't reflect her dins fire, but if she goes sheik, it reflects needle. This is a multi hitting special and can be good if you get in close, but the power lacks and it lags.
Pros: reflects projectiles
Cons: slow, limited range.
Yay

Sheik's needle: He wears the ninja mask and cna throw needles. They can still be stored with L, and have good range. There fast, and go downward when thrown in the air.
Against Sheik: Beware as Zelda can reflect These. They are a fast projectile, and can be stored with L. These give kirby an edge over the ninja/tribal warrior.
Damage: (for 6 needles) 16%
Pros: Chargeable, storeable, fast, good range.
Cons: None, although you lose stored needles when you take damage
Yay

Link's Bow: Kirby wears Link's hat and gets his bow, Not as useful as the boomerange from last game though. You won't use this much, but does give him a ranged assault against a projectile spamming Link. It CAN be used, just not as good as the boomerang was.
Against Link: Link, he has too many projectiles. Just as much as samus, if her bomb is considered one. This give you a bit more power against projectile spammers. It won't help you as much as the boomerang could, but it still helps.
Damage: 18% fully charged
Pros: Ranged, power, fast in the air
Cons: laggy
Meh

Young Link's Fire arrows: Same as Link except a bit more power. See above.
Damage: 15% fully charged.
Against Y. Link: See Link
Pros: Range, power, Fire stun
Cons: slow to come out.
Meh

Pichu's thunderjolt: You wear a pichu hat and hurt yourself. Not as good as Pikachu's, but still decent. I suggest fighting normally though. As not to hurt your self.
Against Pichu: He's light, so you should be able to get in and kill him quickly. Only use this if hes running and spamming his. Unless you want to run and spam. Its good for edgeguarding, and it molds arounf the platforms.
Damage: other: 7%
Self: 1%
Pros: range, trajectory, platforms
Cons: damage self.
Nay

Pikachu's thunderjolt: You wear a pikachu hat and shoot little electric beams. there good for edgeguarding, and go around platform. A fairly nice projectile.
Against Pikachu: You can spam this with ease, and Pikachu can only retaliate by spamming his or coming to you. Its a great edgegaurding move though.
Pros: range, trajectory, platform thing
Cons: a little slow and obvious
Yay

Jigglypuff's Rollout: you Look almost like the Puff, but instead of the ever useful pound from last game, you get this. A wild, fast attack with an obvious charge to it. IT has little purpose to me at least. Becareful not to launch off the edge.
Against Jigglypuff: The other floater. I'd stay away from this as it can be jumped easily. If you have a good hit, then sure, why not. If it charged faster, then it might be good.
Damage: 18%
Pros: Speed, power
Cons: slow start up, Suicides
Nay

Mewtwo's Shadow Ball: Another great Copy. You gain the ever mighty shadow ball, with its wild trajectory, and mighty range and power, this gives kirby a huge advantage at times. Get this one for sure.
Against Mewtwo: Sure he can confuse it, but it won't damage you. It has fair speed, a random trajectory, the ability to hurt as being charged, and the ability to charge. If you use it after he uses one of his, then he won't be able to cancel it, and will have to shield: run up, grab or confuse, run in and utilt. As pointed out by kirbstir, the shadow ball can be air spammed with uncharged shots, or a fully charged shot can push youo toward for an aerial combo.
Damage: 25% fully charged
Pros: Power, Speed, trajectory, charge damage
Yay

Mr. Game and Watch's Chef: You look awesome. I copy this just for the look. The chef is quite useful, and the pot deals good damage up close. Its rather slow, but has random trajectories, keeping opponents guessing.
Against Game and watch: It gives you a random projectile. Be careful of the bucket though. Try to use it randomly to throw him off. One useful technique with this is what i call the "sausage fakeout-weiner rush". You dash in almost foolishly, but stop (CC) and bit B rapidly (so you sausage, not hammer). This forces him to shield and you go in and grab him. Its quite useful in getting past his many disjointed hitboxes. Its kind of hard to pull off though.
Damage: Sausages: 3%
Pot: 9%
Pros: Range, trajectory.
Cons: slow, hard to it with.
Yay

Marth's shield breaker: You gain the hair and this Puny sword. You can use this for fair power, but its kind of slow, and you need to get in real close.
Against marth: It won't help your range at all. His range will still be superior, and none of his moves lage enough for you to use it. If uncharged, it is rather quick, so...
Damage: uncharged: 7%
Fully charged: 28%
Pros: fair Damage.
Cons: limited range, hard to hit with.
Nay

Roy's Flare blade: The hair is cool, but the miniature sword takes away alot of usefulness. I rarely copy marth and roy. This move may have some use, but not much.
Basically same as marths.
Damage: Uncharged: 6%
Fully charged: A nice OHKO, 50% hits kirby for10%
Pros: fair damage, OHKO thats impossible to hit with.
Cons: This tiny sword is more of a butter knife. Is so hard to hit with.
Nay

Kirbys most useful abilities: Fox, Falco, Samus, Doc, Shiek and Mewtwo.

Kirby's swallow is kind of slow, but it is worth it at times. You can suicide an opponent if needed with it, and it gives kirby a bigger chance against samus's and links who like projectiles. Kirby's other projectile, the final cutter is rather slow, yet can be a mini combo if used right.

If you have anything to add, post it and i will edit it in if it's a good point. With your feedback i can make this better, and i hope this will help you make the right swallowing choices.

Please point out any mistakes *i know there will be some* and correct me on some of this stuff. I know theres more use to some of these.

dark_dragon8

Smash Ace
In my Kirby game, I don't even waste my time with taking the abilities of others, I really don't need it as I am too focused on D-air to tilts and F-airs and D-airs. IF I were to steal abilities, DK, Sheik, Doc and Samus's abilities seem to be quite good. Nice job on the little guide though, maybe a damage % would help a little bit.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i disagree with a nay on DK. i love taking DKs power. the punch is a great knockout move, that can be comboed into, utilt to jump punch, or, just run at an opponent, jump, and let it loose. people always expect a shuffled aeriel, has the slight delay to hit them.

JiggersSmash

Smash Cadet
i think zelda's is better than shiek cuz the needles dont give much dammage to me and if u try to charge it sum ones going to know by then un less their distracted that ur going to hit them , zelda's i good cuz i think its faster and u can just drop down on sumone and use it to move sumone away eaisily.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i remember makin a topic like this a long time ago :-/

You can't just consider which is the best B move to take...u have to consider which is the best B move against the same character to take.

Personally i think kirby's floating + pills are deadly....but the problem is..u'd have to take them from Doc who has a cape, making it udderly useless.

In a "Kirby Vs. ???" Situation...imo, the best powers to take are Samus and Bowser.

Samus's charge shot is simply a great move to use on a floatier, slightly larger target.
And the same goes w/ FireBreathe...normally a horrible move..it becomes miraculously evil when coming from someone whose extremely short...blowing at a huge, weighted target. It can rack up quite alot of damage before he gets out.

Fox and Falco are also great to take. THough they do have a reflector...Kirby can easily SH laser and duck under the beam coming back. But as ur aware, most of the time the Fox won't be fast enough to reflector his own laser speed, and falco won't be able to move for a second after reflecting(while ur ducking under and D.Tilt him)
Kirby also can shoot 2 falco lasers in a single SH which is **** sexy.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
much like with GW, GW's copied ability (pancakes?) can be used. i use it as a mindgame, press b once, only shoot one pancake. your opponent will run at you or jump over you for an attack 90% of the time (everyone expects multiple pancake throws, so just run up and hit em by surprise.)

kirbstir

Smash Lord
I always thought of them as sausages...

And you don't have to fully charge Mewtwo's Shadow ball for it to be useful, really. You can just air spam small shots to help lead your rush.

Or you can fire a fully charged one in the opposite direction in air to push you toward your opponent, whom you may grab, dsmash, fsmash, etc if they aren't expecting it.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
No, i'm pretty sure there sausages, you can see the chain link's. Anyway, the shadow ball has alot of possibilities in that it does slide you, but not as much as it slides M2.

One thing taht the sausages ccan do is what i use. a chef fakeout. I run, then stop and chef before i get too close. I hit B rapidly as to make it like a "weiner rush". They have a hard time getting past the sausages, so i run in, grab them, if there at a high enough damage i fthrow, then WD, dash in, jump and bair. if there off the edge i dair. This can be done with all projectiles, i just find this to be the best to do it with.

With the IC's, the hammer hits straight up, allowing a uair, bair, dair, or wait for a utilt. If you hit it right it separates them. One note is, its hard to cpoy the IC's, as one will hit you while the others in mouth.

Marths and Roy's are good edgegaurders, but you have better options. Kirby can dair spike them, and if they meteor, they might still get hit again.

I'd best add all this in... :dizzy:

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I think Jigglypuff's B move is pretty good, you just have to know how to use it.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Fox's blaster you can float off the stage and fire about 700+ bolts back onto the stage. Cool looking and not too effective. It's nice to use after owning a fox or as a break from getting owned by fox.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Let's not forget that Game and Watch's power can be used to Pan spike. It is so badass to meet an opponent in the air with that pan, especially when you're Kirby. Style is so much better than substance anyway.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Ok, i have a new plan of action.

1: Gain information from the Kirby tier list topic.
2: make a "How easy it is to swallow... I might need help on this.
3: General Swallow Combo's. Also might need help.

Any help is appreciated. :)

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
Uh, I don't think the character will make it easy to swallow... it will be the opponent that decides that. I say skip that part, because if someone were looking for Kirby help, they may think that it could be easy to get it with a certain person, but they try it on an experienced person and get severely whaled upon.

But, if you do find some conclusive evidence within the game with the swallow, I'd love to know about it. Without any experimenting, I do know that I can sometimes get what I call the "rear intake"- swallowing a person from behind. If you are going to see which characters this and other things usually apply against, I can understand why it is on your to do list.

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Yea, what is things like the fact its hard to get close to a Marth, Link or Samus, to get hte swallow off. Though different playstyles might change that.

CFalcon1219

Smash Rookie
I always go to the same people when sucking up players:Samus,Fox,Mewtwo,DK.....I go for Fox becuase you can rack up damage on a player with his gun ;)

Dr.Peabody

Smash Journeyman
AngeloBangelo said:
Why is Falco not on that list?
the attack is slow on the ground, and u will most likely get thromped, and kirby's shorthop laser is just a bit too high, and ur likely to miss completely

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
Yes, but Kirby has a short hop DOUBLE laser, allowing two chances to hit, at two heights. Its not slow, exactly, but its an a mazing move, just a tad overrated IMO. I think Falco's SHB beats Kirby's SHDB.

$PITE

Smash Journeyman
Just because it's faster, though. Kirby's is still useful.

If I were to face a Samus, I'd like to get the ability before a kill, allowing time for a charge when you do get said kill. Falco's SHDL is helpful, as is Mewtwo's charge attack (for the same reasons as Samus'. Here is a list of my favourite abilities:

Dr. Mario
Mario
Samus
Shiek
Mewtwo
Falco
Pikachu

You could always try to get the powers by, say, charging with many short hopped aerials, which will teach the opponent to shield grab them, which is where you do a short hopped Swallow. But don't rely on the opponent's abilities, they're just a beneficial (and temporary) option.

Gelmax

Smash Rookie
I also like Capt. Falcon's power in FFAs, especially on smaller levels like Yoshi's Island. With your superior jumping power, you can easily plant an aerial Falcon Punch wherever you want, be it dropping into a bunch of players or timing it to hit someone on a nearby platform or unleashing it at other characters' normal jumping height to catch them in the air. It's generally unexpected, and can lead to much pwnage. It doesn't seem work on bigger, open stages with few or no platforms (like Corneria) although I admittedly haven't extensively tested this, and I usually toss it away when it's down to a 1v1 or someone's focusing on me, because it just doesn't work if people know you're coming.

unknown522

Some guy
nitro-blazer said:
This is a list of the advantages and disadvantages of Kirbys copied abilities. You all probably know them, but it would be nice to have a tangible form to them. There will be Pro's, Con's and a general statement. At the end there is a Yay or Nay saying whether its worth it to copy.
due to request, i've included a damage guide, (for Max percent) and a guide of what to do against hte character. Which is coming soon for the most part.

Dr. Mario's Megavitamins: Kirby dons The Doctors headgear and has the ability to shoot his megavitamins. You can still Pill rush with these, and there a good projectile as well. It does 8% damagage. They only go half the distance though.
Against Dr. Mario: This cancels out his pills when he goes on a pill rush, so try to use it or duck under them. If the doctor mario your facing Like his pills, then use these to cancel them. You don't have as much range, but that can be good if he capes your pills. Use them *** cover and Try to WD in as to duck any pills. Try tto use it as a cover fire or a projectile come-back.
Pros: Pill rush, gives kirby a projectile, same damage.
Cons: half Distance.
Yay

Mario's Fireball: Kirby puts on that oh-so-familiar Cap worn by Nintendos main mascot. It still goes less distance, as with almost all his copied moves. Its a good projectile seeing as kirby has no really good projectiles. Kirby's fireball has a lower bounce, which is a good thing and a bad thing. It does 6% damage at most.
Against Mario: Afaik Mario's don't use these as muc has Pills. Use them as a basic projectile. You can duck Marios fireballs, but the timing is hard, and he can always cape yours. Use them as coverfire so you can get a u-tilt combo going.
Pros: Good projectile, lower bounce, can't be ducked
Cons: Shorter range, can be jumped easily, short.
Yay

Luigi's Fireball: He wears the other-brother's green L cap and is given access to Luigi's green fireball. It has the same range as Luigi's fireball, making it more effective, and it doesn't succumb to gravity as mario's does. It does 6% damage.
Against Luigi: These don't bounce or go as far. You can duck these, but don't bother, cancel them with yours, then Sh throw a few and get in there. I find the primary use for firealls is cover.
Pros: Just as equal as Luigi's, again, kirby gets a projectile
Cons: Its a short projectile.
Yay

Bowser's firebreath: A good yet short range move, cool headgear to boot. It goes the same distance as bowsers, and does the same damage. A great pressure tool as it gives you the same advantage as bowser. Kirby does his Fire pose from Kirby's adventure when doing this.
Against Bowser: As Cyphus said, since bowser is heavy, this can rack up damage pretty quickly. You can still Flame cancel (if someone could PM me and tell me what that is it would be great, i'm not a bowser player). Seeing as it goes the same distance, you can always dair to flame for a good combe, then since your in close, do some utilt and finish it with a Uair. Bowser is a big target, but will send you flying.
damage: 2-1% per hit.
Pros: Multi hitting, distance like mario-copied fireball.
Cons: shrinks over time, rather slow.
Yay

Peach's assistant Toad: Kirby wears a crown, and can bring out the mushrom headed toad anytime he wants. Not a terribly useful move, as it requires a bit of anticipation. Still does the same thing and has the same properties.
Against peach: I find this move takes timing. It's like a dodge except can't be done as easily out of a shield and it will lag.
Damage: 8%? (may vary on attack.)
Pros: blocks all damage, same range and duration.
Cons: hard to pull off, a slight bit of lag.
Nay

Yoshi's Eggification: He wears a hat that a Yoshi fan would wear at a convention. Not as much range, but same damage. It may be useful, but its hard to use effectively.
Against Yoshi: If you stay low his eggs won't be as effective, if you get this in, you will have a good free damage second, and it sends the up a little, setting him up for a utilt or bair.
Pros: Fair damage, egg encased opponents
Cons: rather slow, eggs don't last long, easy to DI out of.
Nay

DK's Giant Punch: Kirby wears a brown fur suit, and gains muscle matter. It does 30% when fully charged, is fast as well, but the range is pitiful. It can be comboed into easily however, and makes a good finisher. Thanks to G-regulate for this information.
Against DK: You can utilt to jump punch (thanks to G-regulate for this) for a good combo. Since DK is heavy you might normally have a bti of trouble with him. This can KO him easily, and is alot more powerful than some of your moves. Great damage as well.
Damage: 18% fully charged.
Pros: power, speed
Cons: Range is pitiful.
Yay

Captain Falcon's Falcon Punch: Kirby puts on Falcons racing helmet and gains the feeiry punch of the captain. A good 25% on this, but its slow, and has absolutely Horrid range. Just don't take it unless you like the helmet. Ths spit is much better.
Against Captain falcon: Captain falcon is fast. I'd suggest only using this if his shield breaks, of ifyou get behind him after initiates his falcon punch. I'd prefer to spit him out and dair him off the edge though.
Damage: 25%
Cons: slow, Bad range
Nay

Ganondorf's Warlock Punch: Ugh, it gives kirby his hair and head jewels and one of Kirby's WORST copyable abilities. It does 32%, but is slow slow and had no range. This move is one of, if not THE worst thing kirby can copy.
Against Ganondorf: You can use this to counter his, or againts his utilt. Its slow and rather pointless however.
Damage: 32%
Cons: slow, slow, Low, low, low range.

Falco's Blaster: This makes kirby look hideous, but gives him him a great projectile. It does the same damage, same range, but it can still SHB, just not as effective. You get two blasts in a jump. This is great, not to slow, great range, and an all-around good move.
Against Falco: This can be used to counter his SHB, its good on the approach, though he can reflect them. That was the shines original purpose, remember. Its a good projectile.
Damage: 3%
Pros: Good range, SHB, rather quick.
Cons: Makes kirby look funny.
Yay

Fox's Blaster: Kirby dons Fox's ears and communicator and access to his rapid-fire blaster. You can still SHB, but its more effective as fox, i think. This is a ggreat projectile and one of the best things you can copy. You can rack out damage quickly and with little chance of being countered immediately. It doesn't stun like falco's, but its just as, if not more useful.
Against fox: SHB again, it can be used against a blaster happy fox. Though they can just shine them, Be careful not to get caught in his tricks, and use this to stay farthe away.
Damage: 2%
Pros: range, fast, rapid-fire.
Cons: no stun,
Yay

Ness's PK flash: Kirby wears a cool cap, but instead of getting the awesome PK fire from last game, he gets the pitiful flash. Its hard to hit with and leaves you open for along time. It hits strong, but tis slow and easy to dodge and counter.
Against ness: I'd only use this if he goes too high with a KN thunder or something, its hard to use iin a 1-on-1.
damage: 36% fully charged
Cons: slow, easy to dodge, leaves you open.
Nay

Ice Climbers's Ice shot:
Kirby puts on his parka and has the hammer of the IC's, bringing his hammer total up to 2, if you grab the hammer item, then its 3. He shoots 1 ice block only, taking away alot of usefulness. It has good range though. Still knocks them Up if you hit with the hammer.
Against IC's: USe this randomly, its not good as a counter as they have two, and they might counter yours with theres. Pop it out when falling from a ledge so they don't run in. This can also be used to separate them if you hit only one with the hammer part. Even the stun or freeze effect can be used.
Damage: 4%
Pros: range, fair speed
Cons: One, not two.
Meh

Kirby's Swallow/Spit: You can copy any ability another kirby has, and i you steal it from him. One option is to spit them out instead of copying. You spit them out as a star, This could be followed by a dair for a kill.
Against Kirby: Your best bet is to KO him hard off the sides or the top. if you can get a usmash in its good. Spiking him is impossible due to his odd ability to recover.
TIPS ON LANDING THE SWALLOW:
The swallow is rather slow, the probably best time is when they shield, stunned, or when you jump in with it. If you jump off, swallow, then float back up you will most likely get edgegaurded. Unless your far enough out that it doesn't matter.
Damage: 10 %
Pros: N/A
Cons:N/A
Yay

Samus's Charge shot: Kirby puts on his space helmet and can charge the powerful projectile. This is the a candidate for Best copyable ability. It gives kirby a great projectile, Great range, fast, 25% fully charged. It travels lower than samus's, so It can't be ducked by another kirby in an FFA.
Against samus: This helps so much. Samus is also floaty, as Cyphus said. She has many projectiles, and if you jump shot this after she shot hers it can hurt her alot. IMO this is one of the best, along with blaster, pills and shadow ball, projectiles in the game.
damage: 25%
Pros: Power, Speed, Range, Cool helmet
Yay

Zelda's Nayru's Love: Kirby wears the headress Zelda wore as a child in Oot. This move reflects all projectiles and can hurt opponents. Its range isn't too good, but its a good shield. it makes a powerful in-close attack. As pointed out by JiggersSmash
Against Zelda: This can't reflect her dins fire, but if she goes sheik, it reflects needle. This is a multi hitting special and can be good if you get in close, but the power lacks and it lags.
Pros: reflects projectiles
Cons: slow, limited range.
Yay

Sheik's needle: He wears the ninja mask and cna throw needles. They can still be stored with L, and have good range. There fast, and go downward when thrown in the air.
Against Sheik: Beware as Zelda can reflect These. They are a fast projectile, and can be stored with L. These give kirby an edge over the ninja/tribal warrior.
Damage: (for 6 needles) 16%
Pros: Chargeable, storeable, fast, good range.
Cons: None, although you lose stored needles when you take damage
Yay

Link's Bow: Kirby wears Link's hat and gets his bow, Not as useful as the boomerange from last game though. You won't use this much, but does give him a ranged assault against a projectile spamming Link. It CAN be used, just not as good as the boomerang was.
Against Link: Link, he has too many projectiles. Just as much as samus, if her bomb is considered one. This give you a bit more power against projectile spammers. It won't help you as much as the boomerang could, but it still helps.
Damage: 18% fully charged
Pros: Ranged, power, fast in the air
Cons: laggy
Meh

Young Link's Fire arrows: Same as Link except a bit more power. See above.
Damage: 15% fully charged.
Against Y. Link: See Link
Pros: Range, power, Fire stun
Cons: slow to come out.
Meh

Pichu's thunderjolt: You wear a pichu hat and hurt yourself. Not as good as Pikachu's, but still decent. I suggest fighting normally though. As not to hurt your self.
Against Pichu: He's light, so you should be able to get in and kill him quickly. Only use this if hes running and spamming his. Unless you want to run and spam. Its good for edgeguarding, and it molds arounf the platforms.
Damage: other: 7%
Self: 1%
Pros: range, trajectory, platforms
Cons: damage self.
Nay

Pikachu's thunderjolt: You wear a pikachu hat and shoot little electric beams. there good for edgeguarding, and go around platform. A fairly nice projectile.
Against Pikachu: You can spam this with ease, and Pikachu can only retaliate by spamming his or coming to you. Its a great edgegaurding move though.
Pros: range, trajectory, platform thing
Cons: a little slow and obvious
Yay

Jigglypuff's Rollout: you Look almost like the Puff, but instead of the ever useful pound from last game, you get this. A wild, fast attack with an obvious charge to it. IT has little purpose to me at least. Becareful not to launch off the edge.
Against Jigglypuff: The other floater. I'd stay away from this as it can be jumped easily. If you have a good hit, then sure, why not. If it charged faster, then it might be good.
Damage: 18%
Pros: Speed, power
Cons: slow start up, Suicides
Nay

Mewtwo's Shadow Ball: Another great Copy. You gain the ever mighty shadow ball, with its wild trajectory, and mighty range and power, this gives kirby a huge advantage at times. Get this one for sure.
Against Mewtwo: Sure he can confuse it, but it won't damage you. It has fair speed, a random trajectory, the ability to hurt as being charged, and the ability to charge. If you use it after he uses one of his, then he won't be able to cancel it, and will have to shield: run up, grab or confuse, run in and utilt. As pointed out by kirbstir, the shadow ball can be air spammed with uncharged shots, or a fully charged shot can push youo toward for an aerial combo.
Damage: 25% fully charged
Pros: Power, Speed, trajectory, charge damage
Yay

Mr. Game and Watch's Chef: You look awesome. I copy this just for the look. The chef is quite useful, and the pot deals good damage up close. Its rather slow, but has random trajectories, keeping opponents guessing.
Against Game and watch: It gives you a random projectile. Be careful of the bucket though. Try to use it randomly to throw him off. One useful technique with this is what i call the "sausage fakeout-weiner rush". You dash in almost foolishly, but stop (CC) and bit B rapidly (so you sausage, not hammer). This forces him to shield and you go in and grab him. Its quite useful in getting past his many disjointed hitboxes. Its kind of hard to pull off though.
Damage: Sausages: 3%
Pot: 9%
Pros: Range, trajectory.
Cons: slow, hard to it with.
Yay

Marth's shield breaker: You gain the hair and this Puny sword. You can use this for fair power, but its kind of slow, and you need to get in real close.
Against marth: It won't help your range at all. His range will still be superior, and none of his moves lage enough for you to use it. If uncharged, it is rather quick, so...
Damage: uncharged: 7%
Fully charged: 28%
Pros: fair Damage.
Cons: limited range, hard to hit with.
Nay

Roy's Flare blade: The hair is cool, but the miniature sword takes away alot of usefulness. I rarely copy marth and roy. This move may have some use, but not much.
Basically same as marths.
Damage: Uncharged: 6%
Fully charged: A nice OHKO, 50% hits kirby for10%
Pros: fair damage, OHKO thats impossible to hit with.
Cons: This tiny sword is more of a butter knife. Is so hard to hit with.
Nay

Kirbys most useful abilities: Fox, Falco, Samus, Doc, Shiek and Mewtwo.

Kirby's swallow is kind of slow, but it is worth it at times. You can suicide an opponent if needed with it, and it gives kirby a bigger chance against samus's and links who like projectiles. Kirby's other projectile, the final cutter is rather slow, yet can be a mini combo if used right.

If you have anything to add, post it and i will edit it in if it's a good point. With your feedback i can make this better, and i hope this will help you make the right swallowing choices.

Please point out any mistakes *i know there will be some* and correct me on some of this stuff. I know theres more use to some of these.
U missed 1 thing about copying fox. U can SHTL (short hop triple Laser)

DeathscytheHello

Smash Journeyman
It's a good thing you quoted the whole post rather than the part you needed... oh, wait, it wasn't a good thing...

nitro-blazer

Smash Lord
unknown522 said:
U missed 1 thing about copying fox. U can SHTL (short hop triple Laser)
I don't like Fox's laser as much s falco for lack of stun, Fox can do the same to you, and its more dangerous if he then gets in and U-smashes. Or something.

I should probably edit this, or instead add the editted version to the guide... :ohwell:

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
peaches toad is also nice for recovery when she is spamming turnips at you off the ledge.
and kirby has flame cancel for bowser hat. nice edgeguard.

Top Bottom