• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coolest ways to kill with each character

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
I'm making a game of smash 4 minigames, sort of like smash tour, only much better and focused on competitive players.

I want to encourage fun and stylish gameplay, so I thought of specific ways to K.O. with each character that would be cool, in order to reward a player whenever he pulled that K.O. off.

e.g.

Luigi : kill with a misfire
Greninja: kill with the waterbox of up B
Etcetera

I found this thought exercise to be fun, and at the same time challenging for some characters that I am not too familiar with. So I'd like to ask all of you what you find the coolest ways each character can kill (or just your own mains)

Thanks

P.S. if you're interested in the game, let me know. I can send you a file with rules, cards and custom stages.

Last edited:

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
The coolest way to kill with Gunner is probably a flame pillar stage spike. By the way, killing with Luigi's down taunt is also cool enough to be rewarded.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Well, with Lucina, Aerial Dancing Blade 1>Neutral Air 1>Side Smash kinda feels like a middlefinger to people that say Lucina is unviable everytime you use it. Also, getting a Shield Break, then charging the Shield Breaker move and hitting people as soon as they get up from the ground looks pretty cool.

SteadyDisciple

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rorrim
For Wii Fit trainer, it has to be header spike, no contest. Double points if you do it from on stage. Triple if it's out of jab bury.

Last edited:

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
With :4villager: one of the coolest ways to kill is with a tree. Double points if it's in a ditto and you killed with a pocketed tree. Triple points if you break their shield with said pocketed tree and follow up with a tree or a bowling ball.

Arrei

Smash Lord
Let's see... coolest doesn't necessarily mean smartest, so in my opinion...

:4myfriends:: The Eruption two-frame. Honorable mention to spiking a would-be edgeguarder at 1% while recovering with Aether.
:4shulk:: The off-stage Fair wall to Air Slash so popularized by Youtube replay videos. Preferably only used with a heavy advantage, as pulling it off just to end up even again dampens the cool factor.
:4lucario:: Catching an opponent in a sudden Aura Sphere charge into Usmash.
:4charizard:: Bthrow into an all-or-nothing Flare Blitz.
:4bowser:: Going after someone offstage with Bowsercide.
:4falcon:: Any variety of offstage Falcon Punch.
:4kirby:: Stealing:4falcon:'s Falcon Punch and using it offstage.
:4ganondorf:: Offstage Warlo- no, actually, a Tipman at the ledge into Dair spike.

Axel311

Smash Ace
NNID
axel311
:4wario:Eating a link/toon link bomb. Runner up goes to killing with bike wheelie.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:4shulk:

Fair x2/x3 into Air Slash in Jump Art.
Buster dthrow into first hit of dair so they are still in tumble, switch to Jump, FF uair into uair.

:4bayonetta:

Witch Time stuff. Multiple bairs at once, or setting up for a dsmash spike.
Flying people to the moon, the wonders of people being too lazy to DI.

:4feroy:

Jab to Blazer. Nair 1 into Blazer.
Killing with the sourspot of fair offstage. :^)

:4mewtwo:

Nair into disable.
Confusion and doing whatever you want based on the opponents reaction.
Jab locks on platforms with SB, then killing with usmash below.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
:4lucina: - I've yet to master a perfect landing d-air. It'd feel so satisfying if I've done a Ken combo on someone.

:4link: - Hm... maybe throwing a bomb down at someone recovering then catching them with a d-air? I don't really know for Link, but I can imagine that being one of his cool kill moves. Also, killing someone with a fair feels pretty damn good.

:4ryu: - I really have to master his d-air spike. It just feels so satisfying to land, considering I used to watch Trela causally pull it off long ago.

Mythzotick

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SKY1ice
3DS FC
2724-0959-8115
:4megaman:: Metal Blade(diagonally down input, item thrown downwards, or z-drop)>Mega Upper/U-tilt

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
:4roy: Literally nothing more satisfying than the hammer swing out of Up-B. There are definitely more stylish ways, but this move has a hit with impact. I just love it.

:4metaknight: Suicide Tornado Stage Spike on flat bottomed stages. First time I pulled this off after reading a poor recovery, you know I saved that replay.

:4samus: Ladder combo. Difficult and doesn't work in FG since no stages have platforms, but Samus' U-air/Screw ladder is so satisfying if you do pull it off. Bonus salt for the fact it can start working at 0%. lol

Also have to give shouts to an old favourite for a character I don't really play anymore - :4robinf: Arcthunder > D-air's semi spike will always have a place in my heart as a killer of many a character with a bad recovery. lol

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Just landing Rest in general. Like, seriously, I feel like I just won the lottery every time I land that move.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Let's see here...
:rosalina:- a fully charged Luma Shot
:4cloud:- Limit Break Cross Slash
:4link:- down air spike

Last edited:

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
:4robinm: Arcthunder > SH Air Arcfire > Up Smash > No children for you!

:4wario: N-Air 2 to Waft or a raw Waft. Never gets old. Also Chompicides. "That's right! Come with Wario!"

:4pit: Nudging someone off course with the Guardian Orbitars or a hard read with F-Smash.

Last edited:

ItsASquid

Smash Apprentice
:4wario:Eating a link/toon link bomb. Runner up goes to killing with bike wheelie.
I once got the luckiest bomb-eat kill off stage on a recovering Link. Couldn't stop laughing so I had to back out of any further games! Wah hah hah!

Jeronado

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jeronado
3DS FC
0920-1020-8081
:4metaknight: I think Dtilt -> Cape looks pretty stylish. Suicide Drill off the side is cool too.

Flatmesa

Smash Rookie
NNID
Flatmeysa
3DS FC
2191-8449-3854
:4greninja: Dthrow > Fair is so satisfying to execute, and Grounded footstool > Dair > Bair lock > Fsmash makes every person that I play with in awe and/or salty.

Uffe

Smash Hero
:4ness: PK Thunder stage spike/PK Thunder 2/PK Flash/PK Fire > dair
:4samus: Dirty Bomb - Break their shield > Bomb > dair spike
:4rob: Gyro near edge > u-smash

diamondhunter

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sonicdude52
3DS FC
5413-0389-5560
With :4villager: one of the coolest ways to kill is with a tree. Double points if it's in a ditto and you killed with a pocketed tree. Triple points if you break their shield with said pocketed tree and follow up with a tree or a bowling ball.
Dang, I was just going to say that! XD

MaskedMyster

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheEz2
3DS FC
3883-6009-1782
Switch FC
SW-6621-2878-6496
As :4dedede:, the most wonderful way to kill is sticking a Gordo to the stage, and spiking your opponent after they get hit by it. Heck, ANY Gordo kill setup is nothing short of superb. Also gotta love his Gordo > F-Smash shield break.
Oh, and the Suck-n-Cuck's alright I guess

Emmington

Smash Cadet
Spikes with any character are generally cool.
For a character specifically, Arcfire > Fair for Robin is cool when your opponent is in the air. Nosferatu suiciding when you have two stocks and your opponent has one is also great, and generates plenty of salt.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I have a special finisher move for Ganon that, iirc, I've gotten off twice. Say what you will, but using Skull Crusher (fair) offstage to deny a poor recovery.....is just beautiful. There's fancier, but it's simplistic, brutal, and gets the job done.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
:4bowser: Shield break with Bowser Bomb onto a platform followed by a fully charged forward smash. Double points if you knock them onto a Town and City platform and the stage kills them for you.

Shoopdawooper

Smash Apprentice
I'll add some of my favorites.

I love the back hit of WiiFits:4wiifit: F-air spiking my opponent ever so carelessly.
I'm also a big fan of Bowser Jr.s:4bowserjr: side-B into up B combo with the hammer swing follow up. It almost makes Bowser Jr. seem like a high tier when it works.

OH! and everything with walljumps. Sheiks :4sheik:walljump repositioning herself into D-air is so cool.

As for my main; Link.:4link: Long range snipes with the bow, or as others already stated; the spike hitbox of D-air. Less cool but very satisfying is killing with an offstage F-air. Or the double N-air gimp. Or even boomerang into the stage to gimp with the windbox.
Does it sound like I'm rambling too much about Link?
Oh wait. I know. The coolest kill with Link is going very deep off stage for a gimp, tossing the bomb into the stage, catching it with an aerial and then still making it back thanks to the bombs explosion resetting your recovery.

Last edited:

Madolche ♦ Procione

Smash Apprentice
A few of my favorites from characters I use:
:4bayonetta:- Landing the dair or going deep offstage for a nair
:4robinm:-I will always attempt a book kill whenever possible
:4shulk:-Jump Art gimps feel great and forward-Vision is anime AF
:4marth:-jab1 into tipped fsmash always feels satisfying. (Add another to the Tip Jar)
:4littlemac:-Reading a high recovery and meeting it with a side b

Mordecai Hazard

Smash Cadet
I have studied the game very carefully, and I found so much way to make awesome kills, but I will only list a few (for now). (These also include true combos)

:4cloud: Works 60% ~80% :4wario::4wario:D-air to Finishing touch.

:4littlemac:Works 80% ~100% D-Tilt -----> F-air ------> D-air (If tech missed), (jab lock reset)) ------> KO Punch (Neutral B)

:4sheik: Works 100% ~ 150%Jump -------> Neutral B (Needles) ---------> Down B (Bouncing Fish)

:4megaman: Works 0% ~ 999% *Metal blade needed* Footstool+Z-air ------> Footstool --------> Fast fall Neutral A jab lock reset (Make sure you're on the ground near your metal blade so you can pick it up and fast fall to ground to not knock your opponent with the neutral A. Also make sure you're almost on the ground before neutral A) --------> Turn around -----> Z-air ------> D-tilt (Sweetspot)

:4wiifit: Works on 35% ~ 45% Short hop Neutral A ---------> jump+Neutral A ------> Footstool -----> Down B + Shield (Air-Dodge) ----->F-air (Must be hit from back for jab lock reset) ------> F-smash (Will die if near blastzone or end of stage).

:4wario: Works to like 60% - 80%? Side B (Make sure your bike is tilted forward) ------> Jump -------->Waft

Azneli

Smash Cadet
NNID
Azneli
:4megaman: The "Kamemushi" jab reset
:4robinm: After breaking a shield, use up Nosferatu until the Robin throw the book behind him, roll behind opponent, and upsmash after the book hits them.
:4sonic: Spring Ride
:4falcon: Falcon Punch / Knee stage spike

MOTUT

Smash Rookie
With :4yoshi: there is literally nothing cooler than Egg Throw > Fair spike offstage

Top Bottom