• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cool technique

sbisawsum_84

Smash Rookie
I am not sure if this has been posted yet, but there is a cool technique for attacking in the air while holding a bananna. What you do is immediately before attacking, lets say a dair, you press z. You will drop the bananna, then once you spike, you will automatically catch it. I notice that it works best to use the c-stick right after dropping the bananna. Its nice because now banannas wont limit your air game. Once again, I am sorry if this is already know.

Elementals

Smash Rookie
I actually completely forgot that I could Z-drop banana's. I'm gonna play with that tactic a bit. Thanks for the reminder lol.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
I z-drop bananas constantly but never thoughti could catch em after an attack!! cool find!

Kensei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kenseithomas
hmmm this is much like snakes grenade dropping then... Never thought of doing this with diddy might create good mind games =]

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
hmm, i've never thought of doing that. if i have a banana in hand and want to aerial, i just throw the naner first. i'll play with this tonight.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
I've already been using this techniqe its real good I been metioning da z drop for the longest. yall are kinda late

zaf

Smash Lord
I am not sure if this has been posted yet, but there is a cool technique for attacking in the air while holding a bananna. What you do is immediately before attacking, lets say a dair, you press z. You will drop the bananna, then once you spike, you will automatically catch it. I notice that it works best to use the c-stick right after dropping the bananna. Its nice because now banannas wont limit your air game. Once again, I am sorry if this is already know.
it says "a cool technique for attacking in the air". Now does this mean both you and your opponent have to be in the air, or can you be airborne while your opponent is grounded

sbisawsum_84

Smash Rookie
it says "a cool technique for attacking in the air". Now does this mean both you and your opponent have to be in the air, or can you be airborne while your opponent is grounded
It means that it doesn't matter where your opponent is. As long as you are in the air, you can do it. We gotta figure out an easier name for this btw...

crimsonman

Smash Cadet
If someone had posted this idea i'm sorry about that.

Hey people did you know you can suicide with diddy as well, you do the foward B without pushing it twice so that way he will grab on to your opponent but you both must be in mid-air in order to work and as soon as he's getting back to the stage you let him have it that's if you're in the mood for killing yourself.
But more important you have to find the right time to do it so use carefully.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
If someone had posted this idea i'm sorry about that.

Hey people did you know you can suicide with diddy as well, you do the foward B without pushing it twice so that way he will grab on to your opponent but you both must be in mid-air in order to work and as soon as he's getting back to the stage you let him have it that's if you're in the mood for killing yourself.
But more important you have to find the right time to do it so use carefully.
Or you can press up and do something like an uber FSJ, saving yourself and killing him.

I thought that was common knowledge.

As far as z-dropping goes, I usually shorthop -> Throw down -> fair / dair (Which tends to regrab it) -> something else

The z-drop is nice but tends to go a little slowly for my tastes, especially against the people I don't have a clear win against.

saberhof

Smash Master
yeah the side b was already thought of long time ago (lol), and as for catching bananas after an attack and z dropping them, well yeah i knew that...=O...but i guess this works as a reminder for many people and new people

Top Bottom