• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cool, quick, and easy combo I found.

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
When you press >B to do the choke thing, keep holding > and press A as soon as possible. This will make you choke them then do your sparta kick directly after for a garaunteed 2 hit 22 or so damage combo. On bigger characters, doing a C stick front smash will some times work, but not always.

Yeah, I know it's simple but I tried it on lvl 9 computers and never once did it fail to rack up the damage and give me some breathing room.

Stryks

Smash Hero
The computers =/= human players

after the choke they just stay there a while, and then attack, human players dont, they rapidly counter or roll out of the way, tough I havent tried it myself (use the thunder palm or leg sweep), ill try it later today...

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
Lvl 9s roll out pretty much instantly, though you may be right, I'm gonna try it on my brother in a little bitto see i it really works.

mista_mista

Smash Journeyman
It's not guaranteed. People can easily roll out quick enough and some are too small to hit on the ground.
It is a good follow up though sometimes, depending on the situation.

Sliq

Smash Master
It is better to just tech chase another over b, or read their roll and punish it with a dair.

jellis186

Smash Apprentice
Its a character by character thing. Bigger characters can be hit by the sparta kick, medium ones can be hit by jab, and those that just hit the ground and stop (i.e. smaller characters like pikachu/diddy) can be hit by dtilt.

I use my first few >b to find out which one i can use, then i start the tech chase.

A jab character can usually be chased by a wizards foot. dtilts by up smash uair, and ftilt will usually end up dying, or you can chase them with fair.

I think we should come up with a list of which characters can get hit by what.

Edit: I would make the list myself, but currently everyone is off on spring break and i dont trust the computer to DI or tech as it should.

Top Bottom