• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cool new edge gard for ice climbers

toga

Smash Apprentice
the trick is to roll to the stage so that nanna and popo are right on the edge but facing the opposite direction. then pres up B and L at the same time if done right popo will stay on the ground and make the motion like he normaly does but he wont jump only nana will she will automaticly fall in the ledge and say there for a second then you can just flip the c stick forward and nanna will slowly roll of the ledge doing so will provide you with a double edge hog. nana glitching the edge for a bit and you fsmashing the oponent. so even if you miss the fsmash they cant grab the ledge. i find this better then just wavedashing to the edge because nanna is open for majior damage when she is just standing there and you are on the edge because we all know she has the brain of a darn paper clip when you are not controling her.

the only thing is that you should only do this when the time calls for it you know they will get to the edge before you would have time to do this the just do a different kind of edged guard

this edge guard is full proof when done right ive done it my self to allmose every person in the game but when i think of it it might not work on yoshi dk sheik or bowsers up b
its all about the timeing i guess.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
hate to break it to ya buddy, but its not new. If you're going to roll towards the edge you might as well just hold up and Nana will desynch a jump. Then it's just a matter of guiding her towards the ledge. Up B outta shield is useful for.... well doing it outta shield. If you're shielding by the edge, you can go ahead and use the up B desynch, and then move Nana over.

Neat and flashy, but not always useful. Not to say it doesn't have its uses though.

toga

Smash Apprentice
I know its not new ive seen a japan player use it before Ive just never seen it talked about on here thats all I just like to use it alot because i can also short hop out of it and do a back air:)

by the way how do you tech after you get hit with a fsmash or dsmash and your on the edge?

BC AL

Smash Journeyman
ye, the IC player's name was Kei, look his vids up, hez not bad of an IC player
And also, i was told that this way is simpler
roll to the edge
when desynching, put up popos shield and hold up in the direction to the edge, then nana will cling onto teh edge

PB&J

Smash Hero
i also up b out of sheild for nana can edge hog..but thanks for posting its always good to post ice climber stuff ..even when its not knew

Top Bottom