• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Convincing Nintendo and Sora we want Adventure Mode

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
The lack of an adventure mode I think is really a problem, and in this day and age, developers have better access to fan feedback and opinions. I've already put in my efforts through club nintendo and Miiverse. what else can we do to be heard? We can also discuss new ideas of a new adventure mode.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Obviously, Adventure Mode was skipped to avoid making cutscene videos. One could always hope for DLC, but that's a long stretch at this point.

Mobes

featuring Cool Robot Character "Ben Laserlove"
NNID
MobesMobes
Then why couldn't we get a more Melee-esque Adventure Mode?
Melee's Adventure Mode had a very hard-defined route, with defined events that happened every time.

Smash 4 has deliberately had focus on modes that let a number of variables change the situations.
For example: Smash 64 has a hard-defined Classic Mode where all the fighters you face are set. Smash 4's Classic Mode has a potential to set you against any opponent. (Disregarding special stages, horde fights with Mii/Polygon teams etc)

The modes are more solidly built in Smash 4 to be able to more freely interchange variables that define the matches and situations. You'll probably never have the same run through in Crazy Orders, for example.

My opinion, but I'm pretty certain we won't see an adventure mode in Smash 4, especially when we're post-launch.

Last edited:

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
Actually, there are programming techniques for creating a coherent map with randomly generated themes. Just make sure the theme and elements(stage parts) fit the theme and abilities of the character, and you get something akin to melee's adventure mode, while keeping the randomly generated style of the other game modes.

While I would be hype for this feature's inclusion, I don't see it happening.

Wait. There is always DLC. The odds of this getting in are improbable, but there is still a chance... Let's discuss this some more, and see if we an come up with something that works. Perhaps Nintendo might see it.

Top Bottom