• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Convince me to main Ness.

Kayo12

Smash Rookie
I co-main ness to captain falcon in smash 4, and I've started to play PM recently. Captain Falcon just didn't feel that fun to me, but I saw some of the sick things ness can do with down-b and DJC so I wanted you guys to give me reasons that I should main this character.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Because you enjoy playing him. There are no other reasons worth mentioning.

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
No more Ness mains please. I feel like my individuality is fading. At least that's what it feels like since I can't even play for glory with out people changing their tag to "tierwhore, scrub, GetBetter" and the rest. I mean I love that people are showing the little guy love, but if more people are starting to play him. I'm gonna have to play Ness mains for their social security cards, starting with @ Boiko Boiko . Lol sike naw, but you gotta play someone u connect with you feel? Everyone in this game is more or less equal so pick up your favorite Nintendo character and bring him to the top. I literally only play this game for Ness. But you just gotta click with someone you feel?

ilysm

sleepy
I mean, it's nobody's job to convince you to main anyone. That's a decision you need to make. That's the disappointing answer but it's true. Nobody was every happy maining a character because somebody told them to.

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
I mean, it's nobody's job to convince you to main anyone. That's a decision you need to make. That's the disappointing answer but it's true. Nobody was every happy maining a character because somebody told them to.
I always thought I was Diddy Kong. Started using him on Brawl computer, then a bond kind of formed and I wanna be the guy to push Ness to heights. You just gotta experiment , u never know who your main might be brotha. Beauty of PM, everyone is free game to pick

Dragrin

Smash Rookie
Honestly maining ness in PM is like maining luigi in melee. You will get some decent results but it is very very hard to be the best with a char that is good but not great

Squire

Smash Apprentice
If you can get all the way through EarthBound without wanting to pick up Ness in any smash game, you're not human.

EarthboundHero

Smash Ace
NNID
DutMob_A1
If you can get all the way through EarthBound without wanting to pick up Ness in any smash game, you're not human.
Earthbound one of the only games I beat completely. I interrupted some nice spiritual 420 stuff. Like u can't tell me magic butterfly don't look like a joint with wings a little. but beyond that it really spoke to me about changing the world &****. I'd explain but don't wanna spoil. But the literal almost end of final made me sworn to being the best I can be with him. He did all that for me, its what's only right.

Kayo12

Smash Rookie
No more Ness mains please. I feel like my individuality is fading. At least that's what it feels like since I can't even play for glory with out people changing their tag to "tierwhore, scrub, GetBetter" and the rest.
jokes aside though, I mained ness in sm4sh at the beginning of the 3ds version when I still thought he was low tier, lol.

Top Bottom