• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controlling ZSS in the AIR

Clevr

Smash Apprentice
I've got a few questions about how you control Zamus, and would appreciate it if you answered with your reason for doing so.

I think it is common knowledge that unless you can do up B in the air and u tilt on the ground without jumping, having tap jump set to OFF is the better setting for ZSS. Right?

So with this, how do all of you jump? I found the easiest way to ALWAYS short hop is to use the Y or X buttons, and then slide the thumb over for aerials. However, when doing this, I often move Zamus around slightly from the Control Stick + A aerials and am not as accurate as I could be.

This lead me to question my method and to ask how you guys jump and do aerials. Are you doing what I'm doing and not having this problem? Are you using the C-Stick?

I tried using the C-Stick, but I couldn't jump with Y and then slide my thumb all the way down to the C-Stick fast enough, and it was uncomfortable.

Do some of you set R or L to jump? I've tried this, but I don't get as consistent short hops as I would get using X or Y.

Or, do any of you do somethign completely different that works really well for you? If so, please share!

Thanks a lot!

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
If I'm on a roll, I can generally use the blade of my thumb to move the C-stick. I rarely use rising aerials aside from uair and nair, though.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I use both actually depending on how i want my jump to go. You just gotta practice with that c stick its not too hard to get used to

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
I don't use the C-stick for anything. At all. :| I know that makes me a horrible smasher but whatever. :p

For me, it feels more fluid to use the control stick for everything (especially aerials). Learning how your attacks will move with your momentum is no different than learning how they move without it. It just alters play style a bit.

I have my C-stick set to specials just for kicks but I never use it.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
I use X to jump, and then either A or the C-stick to do aerials. I'm used to using X+A for aerial canceling with other characters, then either fastfalling or DIing after inputting the attack. If I need to DI before and after I input the aerial, then jump with X, DI with the control stick, and do the aerial with the c-stick. Anything slower than aerial cancel speed I find easy enough to c-stick.

Snakeee

Smash Master
You should practice using the C-stick for all aerials so that you can DI accordingly at the same time.

Tap jump off is better for ZSS IMO because you'll have a much harder time doing Up-B boosted jumps without wasting a jump with it on. You don't really need to do Up-Bs out of shield with ZSS anyway, which is the main reason some people keep tap jump on.

Top Bottom