• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controlling your quick attack

straydoggywog

Smash Cadet
Playing allot of friendlies I have been using quick attack as an escape more and more, but my consistency with it is very very poor. At times I'll land and be able to doge right away out of it, other times I'l' get the full landing lag, when I think I;ll get the lag I'll doge too early it's all just ridiculous and I honestly have no idea what it is I am aiming for with this attack and how it works.

So my question is, how can you use it to minimize landing lag? Is there a specific angle you have to land, and if so, what is it?

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
In melee, if pikachu ever QAd into the floor, he would be temporarily locked into a ducking position. In PM, where ever pikachu would have been ducking in melee, simply jump. There is no specific angle that the attack must be aimed but in my personal experience I think that it is easier whenever the QA is diagnol. As for the timing, you should not be jumping as soon as pikachu makes contact with the floor, but slightly after. Hope I helped.

Top Bottom