• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controlling Your 'Dorf

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
Now that C-stick smashing isn't the clear best option anymore due to the momentum glitch, individual characters definitely benefit from different setups compared to others. Ganon requires more precision than almost any other character due to his crucial spacing and punish game, in my opinion, and I've been looking for that extra edge that a smart controller layout brings.

What is your preferred controller layout when you play the King of Evil? Most importantly, what do you map to C-stick?
Let's come up with the advantages and disadvantages of different popular layouts. If some of you guys prefer a different controller to the GC for your Ganon, definitely chime in as to why you like it more.

LeetLeaf

Smash Rookie
To deal with the momentum glich you can map the C-stick to attack instead of smash attack. This does have the downside of not being able to use the C-stick for grounded smash attacks.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
I still use the stick for smash, when i put it on attack it sometimes whiffs attacks or does N-airs when i don't want to.
I just flick it instead of holding it so i won't lose momentum.

Tonzura Koite

Smash Cadet
I still use the stick for smash, when i put it on attack it sometimes whiffs attacks or does N-airs when i don't want to.
I just flick it instead of holding it so i won't lose momentum.
That's definitely an issue with mapping to attack. AFAIK inputting diagonals defaults to a nair, so if you don't have an 8-way locking right stick (silly gamepad circular stick etc), it's easy to mess up. I'm considering practicing with attack mapping only though, because it is easier to do advancing and retreating aerials without accidentally locking momentum, and I feel like it makes pivots really easy.

Top Bottom