• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controllers with different color halves

JarJarBinks

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've been playing around with my old GameCube controllers, opening them up and swapping different parts to try and make the perfect controller. The only problem is that if I try to make a controller with two different color halves, the halves don't screw together completely. It's very slight. The controller still feels solid but you can definitely tell that there's a slightly bigger gap on one side of the controller between the two halves. I'm not sure whether this is because different color controllers are made with very slightly different sizes or whether I was just unlucky with the parts. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Landry

Smash Ace
I've mixed and matched plenty of controllers and in they end they should all fit together. I've experienced the problem you're talking about, but every time it was the result of some mistake I made when putting the controller together. Try opening it up again and making sure that everything lines up perfectly before sealing it again. Pay specific attention to how the cord fits in the controller shell as that part can definitely cause some problems if you don't tuck it away properly.

JarJarBinks

Smash Rookie
Hm, I definitely tried redoing it a few times and I never experienced the problem with halves of the same color. I guess I'll try it again and get back to you.

EDIT: I tried it again and the problem seems to be the bottom half of my orange controller. Once I substituted it for a white half, it worked fine. I guess it was only that color combination. Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom