• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller WTF

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
This is a stupid post, if you don't want to read it, dont read it. Thanks

I have to say i have just received the GC adapter for the PC. And it's awesome. Finally can put my GC controller and/or the Dancing Stage thing. Is so great.

Well i have just tryed to use it online, and i cant usse R/L (X_X) so y puted Z into the Z and the shield in the Y button (but almost i cant shield, is very bad to reach that button), and taunt in melee taunt...

Well i have to say, i have just improved GREATLY. I can do the Z-cancels and the things usin Z, and i'm so **** quick that i don't had to shield for now !!!! Also doing the tilts when i want is so GREAT, i can edgeguard with utilt of falcon, use the kirby combo, use pika ftilt for quick "clash" of attack and a lot more ^^

It's normal to improve greatly with a controller?

Also...

what i have to do in order the R/L triggers works?

Thanks ^^

rokimomi

Smash Lord
The learning curve is probably just not what people are used to on Keyboard. Peoeple have been playing for eons (roughly) with controller based games when it comes to action/fighting games aside from the arcade games but even those feature a joystick. Then the removal of sensativity on the arrow keys makes it a new way to play, in stead of holding something that fits the curves of your hands, you're laying your hands on a mat with buttons on it...

Short way of saying the above::

Controller is just the natural way, less things to learn, KB needs dedication and altering of playing entirely to fit with the tilts.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Ok, i understand.

Please anyone knows how to make the R/L triggers work, i have just get pwned horribly (3-0) because i cant defend and shieldgrabd and roll... T_T

Nephiros

Smash Ace
It's the opposite to me :\
Played with kb for so long and gotta get used to play on 64 with a controllerfor some reasons, and I just suck with a 'troller

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Jabo's DirectInput7 1.40 for Input plugin

R/L triggers still suck in general. I miss so much cancels cuz of the way there made.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Jabo's DirectInput7 1.40 for Input plugin

R/L triggers still suck in general. I miss so much cancels cuz of the way there made.
I'm using Z for R cancels (grab) and i want the R/L trigger for defense

DreDay

Smash Journeyman
Yea I use R for Z Canceling since I was used to it in melee. Anyway try that plugin and it should work.

yoshi_fan

Smash Ace
Yea I use R for Z Canceling since I was used to it in melee. Anyway try that plugin and it should work.
Thanks, i dont know that.

Ok, i set the control... but the button setted to a slider is always work ...

why? can someone help me?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Ok ok ok...I Think i know what ur problem is. If it says "Slider + or -" I know why it dosent work. The slider is the button slightly getting pushed down. Ur gonna have to push the button thing intill u get RIGHT TO THE REAL BUTTON. Then click configure and click it. If you cant do that then i can save the GCN controller file and u could use that! My email is BHLMRO@Hotmail.com. I never check my mail so use msn

Top Bottom