• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

controller type discussion

comboking

Smash Master
what is the differences between the controllers cause I heard some controllers do not let you short Hop

Discuss

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
Well, the Wiimote is the only control that I know of that doesn't let you short hop. The others work just fine. Classic Controller and GCN Controller are still the best though.

comboking

Smash Master
do you mean just the plain wii remote with out the nunchuck
if i use a gamecube controller do I have an advantage a gainst a person who uses the WII remote and nunchuck

verditude

Smash Journeyman
The GCN controller should have an advantage over the wiichuk due to the lack of a c-stick on the latter. I doubt the shake smash is precise enough to make up for this lack.

xcgumby

Smash Rookie
I dont know how people would be able to play with the wiimote and nunchuck, the GC controller seems so much more practical

Paranomia

Smash Rookie
I can't imagine someone playing with JUST the Wii Remote haha. And the Wii Remotre and nunchuck seems a bit complicated.

I bought a Wii Classic Controller today for Brawl since I didn't own a Gamecube. What do you guys think about the Wii Classic Controller?

BentoBox

Smash Master
I dont know how people would be able to play with the wiimote and nunchuck, the GC controller seems so much more practical
Do you even have a Wii? The mote/chuck combo feels just as comfortable to me and I seriously doubt anyone still has issues getting used to the setup if they've played any game prior to brawl. The only real problem lies in the lack of C-stick.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
ive got all 3 so im going to do a bunch of testing, but in the beginning im just going to use GCN for the tournament on Sunday

Mephy

Smash Rookie
actually, You can edit the buttons. so I changed the D-Pad on the wiimote to act like the Cstick so it's just as good as a GCN controller, I believe.

BentoBox

Smash Master
actually, You can edit the buttons. so I changed the D-Pad on the wiimote to act like the Cstick so it's just as good as a GCN controller, I believe.
So you can assign down-smash to down on the d-pad, side smash to left-right arrows and up-smash to up arrow?

GenisSage

Smash Cadet
Yeah its going to be a bit difficult to play with the Wii remote or the combo (Wii remote and nunchuck). Im going to try the combo tonight. See you all later

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
I can't imagine someone playing with JUST the Wii Remote haha. And the Wii Remotre and nunchuck seems a bit complicated.

I bought a Wii Classic Controller today for Brawl since I didn't own a Gamecube. What do you guys think about the Wii Classic Controller?

I think that the buttons fit nicely, and the joystick is finally in the right place. (Although I play the PS2, and PS3 often)

izumi

Smash Rookie
Is the layout for classic wii controller practical for Brawl or GC controller is comfortable for most people?

juzz87

Smash Apprentice
I tried playing with the nunchuck + remote and it's kind of awkward at first. I went back to the GCN controller and found it to be much for comfortable, but probably 'cause it's what I'm used to. Whatever works for you is best, imo, since you can remap buttons and whatnot.

The only reason I would recommend gcn over wiimotes is because it's gonna be a ***** to sync up to wii's at tournaments.

Steak

Smash Rookie
ive found that the GCN controller is easier to use, mainly because im used to it. but im trying to get used to the wiichuck because, from what ive heard, thats the only controller you can use in the game stop/nintendo tourney :\

twangy

Smash Rookie
Imo its hardest to play with the nunchuck and wiimote. The wiimote by itself is fairly simple.

Top Bottom