• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Repairing / Manteinance

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Yo see, N64 controllers tend to get f**ed up the more you play it, probably it happened to all of you.
We have 5 controllers and only two of them are decent. The others are so screwed.
Does anyone know how to repair a joystick and some tricks to make the joystick last more ?

killa k

Smash Ace
the only thing most of us can do right now is buy new sticks everytime we need one (most likely after like 3 months >.>) sadly :(. i hope that someone finds a way to make them last longer though. 3rd party controllers have pretty sturdy sticks though but they also tend to have alot of problems.

AetherLord

Smash Journeyman
My sticks are flimsy since I first played 10 years ago... They still work fine...

I don't know how to fix loose sticks

You might have to do some controller searchin...

NixxxoN

Smash Master
the only thing most of us can do right now is buy new sticks everytime we need one (most likely after like 3 months >.>) sadly :(. i hope that someone finds a way to make them last longer though. 3rd party controllers have pretty sturdy sticks though but they also tend to have alot of problems.
Where can I buy new sticks?
Is there any website or something explaining how to replace them?

supafranks

Smash Rookie
they sell new analog sticks so you can unscrew your current and install a new one, was planning on doing it myself for the 2 originals I have that work well

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Where can you order new sticks? (Ill bookmark the link)
Wow. I'm impressed I can remember where I saw sticks being advertised. They were advertised on the official project64 site.

I just now looked at the site and it seems they sell adaptoids for preorder and all kinds of other things like cords, emulation stuff, etc. etc. Anyway, here's a link to the sticks: http://www.ztnetstore.com/product_i...d/211?osCsid=aa5b680b6af3cf25180c63e0962a8d76

Also, I've had my N64 controller since about Christmas and the joystick is still extremely good (It wiggles only if you actually focus). I feel lucky :D

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I just buy new ones from EB Games, they normaly have used, but in new condition N64 contollers...recently i baught an atomic purple contoller and its perfect for console

Top Bottom