• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Problem

HiImDolphin

Smash Rookie
2 months ago i brought the new smash 4 gamecube controller to use for melee. The problem is that everytime i dash back i do a turn instead of a dash and when i actually do a dash its one of those jank dashes where you turn around first than dash. Does the controller still need to be broken in?

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Um, I would say that it needs to be broken in more.

Either that or your inputs.

D

Deleted member

After 2 months it should be broken in. I have one and have never experienced that problem.

Unless you are talking about flicking the stick to dash and then your character turns around, that happens because the stick goes over the neutral line just barely, but it counts as an input.

Either you're doing the inputs wrong, or your controller is broken.

HiImDolphin

Smash Rookie
Its weird because i can do the dashback on the dolphin emulator and on project m perfectly. Guess ill try cleaning the controller or something

yttik

Its weird because i can do the dashback on the dolphin emulator and on project m perfectly. Guess ill try cleaning the controller or something
did you perhaps get used to a different radius/deadzone on emulator? if it was not accurate, then you'll get used to the wrong setting and your dashes will be hard when you go to play on console.

RazeriaN

Smash Cadet
Its the smash4 controller, they're preetty much crap. I've played with an original GC Controller that I had since 2003 for 10 years and it only took me 2 weeks with the smash4 controller to break it.

HiImDolphin

Smash Rookie
did you perhaps get used to a different radius/deadzone on emulator? if it was not accurate, then you'll get used to the wrong setting and your dashes will be hard when you go to play on console.
what are the correct settings on dolphin then? i personally use radius of 75 and a deadzone of 10

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
what are the correct settings on dolphin then? i personally use radius of 75 and a deadzone of 10
I think it's radius of 100 on the console. Also, make sure that you aren't touching either analog stick while the game is starting up.

yttik

i use 75 for 5886 and 70 for PM. sometimes it defaults back to 100 for some reason whenever you change emulators. i use the official adapter.

meebius

Smash Apprentice
should i just buy the japanese white controller if everything fails?
Don't buy the japanese white controller, they have the same issues as the Sm4sh controllers
If you want to buy a controller, get an OEM controller

HiImDolphin

Smash Rookie
Don't buy the japanese white controller, they have the same issues as the Sm4sh controllers
If you want to buy a controller, get an OEM controller
What are trustworthy sites or people that can sell the OG controllers

Top Bottom