• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Configuration for Wario DACUS?

arwildcats09

Smash Apprentice
As someone who only changes the controller configuration to include a footstool mapped to the x button, I have never been able to DACUS in PM. What configuration is most suited to do it with Wario?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I use the A button. You could use your unused shield button for Attack if you have one.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I found any configuration but default too hard to adjust to just for a DACUS. Thankfully Wario can get his off with the Z button. It requires perfect timing but with practice it is possible.

DD_

Smash Journeyman
This is how I've been doing it:
1. control stick fowards
2. C stick down
3. control stick up
4. Z button

just push it all in one fluid motion. The one problem I've had when trying to learn it is that I was pressing the Z button before pushing the C stick down. Start slow and work your way up :D

Last edited:

adPEXtwinDoNG

Smash Cadet
If you wavedash/land with L you can just set R to attack.
I tried with default only with the Z button but I figured the strict timing would be too risky for tournament.
Setting R to attack is a million times easier. Its really worth giving up that shield button (even if you wavedash with it like I used to) for DACUS.

Last edited:

arwildcats09

Smash Apprentice
This is how I've been doing it:
1. control stick up
2. C stick down
3. control stick up
4. Z button

just push it all in one fluid motion. The one problem I've had when trying to learn it is that I was pressing the Z button before pushing the C stick down. Start slow and work your way up :D
Control stick up twice eh?

DD_

Smash Journeyman
I tried with default only with the Z button but I figured the strict timing would be too risky for tournament.
I only picked up Wario a few days ago so forgive my lack of knowledge, but how 'strict' is the default layout DACUS? It doesn't seem like a complicated link or anything, you just mash the command out as fast as you can. It feels like if i do each individual input in the right order as fast as I can it comes out every time.

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
I have z set to attack so I don't have to do an awkward claw motion to dacus, and then I have R set to grab, so I can still L cancel, but I also having a more satisfying button to use to grab.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
It helps if you dacus with diagonal up + left/right + c-stick down to input the dash attack, that way you don't have to roll the control stick as far up to get that upsmash within the 1 or 2 frame window depending on your choice of button. I use default controls and succeed my dacus like 80% of the time.

Top Bottom