• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller config help

BsdKid4ever

Smash Cadet
Hi, I main falco and I'm trying to get the most out of my controller configuration, I commonly use CG, SHLs and SHDLs, as well as DLX/Gattling combos. Here's my current configuration:

Type: Gamecube
A: Attack
B: Special
C-stick: Smash
X: Jump
Y: grab
L: Jump(for IAPing)
R: Shield
Z: Grab
Tap Jump statis: OFF

As you can see, my only method of jumping is by pressing X and L, but I only use the L-jump for IAPs, so I'm mostly just pressing X, is this an issue? Please post your input :)

ixdnL

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, I don't use the L-button for anything, except habitually trying to L-cancel. Silly, yes. My friend also set Y as grab, and it works well for him.

My Tap Jump is off for ease in Gatling Combo uses.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
I have tap jump off, and changed R to jump, incredibly useful for SH aerials

wangston

Smash Lord
I set my L to attack, it makes doing the boost upsmash so much easier. It really sets up nicely with the down throw at high% for the KO.

Vlade

Social Outcast
The only problem with setting L to jump for IAP is that your opponent may start being able to predict that you are going to IAP whenever they hear the click of the L button. So my suggestion is to sometimes use L to short hop aerial to catch them off guard if they start thinking they are smart.

Top Bottom