• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Controller Analog Stick Mods (Help!)

Which analog mods do you prefer?

• No Mods

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • GC stick in both the analog and c-stick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS3 stick rather than GC analog

• PS3 in both

• Nunchuck stick rather than GC analog

• Nunchuck stick in both

• You guys just need to practice and stop thinking Mods will make you better!!

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ManofDapper

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I have been searching around the internet and smashboards but I have not been able to find too much in regards to analog stick mods, at least not what I personally am looking for. Right now I am trying to switch both the c-stick and analog with ps3 sticks, and I have run into some variables and problems:

-The c-stick and analog stick are built slightly differently. I ordered a pair of ps3 sticks online and put them into the controller. I found out that the analog worked perfectly with the ps3 stick but the ps3 in the c-stick didn't fit quite right, it was raised too high and got stuck a lot. Sanding the white knob the joystick fits on was required to fix this issue.

- I decided to try a ps3 stick from a ps3 controller I had lying around the house, and it was even worse... apparently not all ps3 sticks are one in the same. I was going to sand it further, but I am not quite convinced it is a height issue rather than a general shaping issue.

Basically I am just looking for some light to be shed on the subject. If you have had much experience with ps3 sticks please help a brotha out. Tell me what problems you ran into(if any) and what you did to make the sticks fit properly. If there are any tutorials you guys know of out there post a link here.

Feel free to ask questions about other mods too, leaving this thread open for anything like that as well. Thank you so much guys.

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
I use black nunchuck analog sticks, for c-stick and analog. Fits perfectly. Maybe PS3 analog sticks are just fatter.

Top Bottom