• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Control Set-up for Ryu - How to do Weak Tilts and Strong Tilts easier

Yikarur

Smash Master
hi guys, I'm experimenting on how to do Ryus different moves more easily.
I got a really good solution:
- Set your C-Stick to attack
- Set a shoulder button to attack

Weak Tilt:
- Use C-Stick

Strong Tilt:
- Use C-Stick, then press the shoulder button set to attack (almost simultanously)

This is perfect for Ryu. I'd absolutely recommend every future Ryu main to try this set-up. It will make your life easier.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
awesome i dont even need to change my controls for this. so if hold the attack should button while flicking the right stick it will do the strong version?

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Stupid question, but if your cstick is set to attack.. what happens when you are running and c-stick up? Do you still do an upsmash?

Skitrel

Smash Journeyman
Stupid question, but if your cstick is set to attack.. what happens when you are running and c-stick up? Do you still do an upsmash?
As the previous poster said - Dash Attack.

But, anticipating the next response you'll make and your reaction to that - It's not difficult to usmash while running using only the stick at all. It'll take some practice if your current muscle memory uses C-Stick, but it is VERY worth learning anyway because having smashes on CStick has some buggy problems when using it for aerials anyway that causes you to not have the highest control over your movement. Every pro switched to tilts on cstick in the earliest days of the game.

Top Bottom