• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Control problems (problem solved, lock this please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Now I know this sounds super unbelievable, but I cannot use the A button or the c-stick to attack. I can use the A button to do anything else, select menus/fighters, etc., but I cannot use either the A button or the C-stick to use attacks when in-game. After about five minutes of button mashing I got it to work again but that immediately reset when I started a new game. I literally cannot use normals anymore. What the hell is going on?

I should also add that the c-stick an a-button seem to function independently. I got the c-stick to work on Smash attack but when I did it would only do forward smash. And if I got the A button to work, the c-stick would stop responding altogether, and vice versa. What the **** is going on?

Last edited:

Nepht

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4207 3323 3722
Busted or de-synced controller or if your game is a digital version it might be corrupted. I had the same type of issue with Ultra Street Fighter II. A re download fixed that. Though for Smash I would save trying that until you have TRIED everything else and double checked because its a dozen gigs in size.

*edit*
It just hit me its most likely a bug from the new patch :U

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Busted or de-synced controller or if your game is a digital version it might be corrupted. I had the same type of issue with Ultra Street Fighter II. A re download fixed that. Though for Smash I would save trying that until you have TRIED everything else and double checked because its a dozen gigs in size.

*edit*
It just hit me its most likely a bug from the new patch :U
So....I spent hours looking it up. Apparently it's a bug a lot of people are experiencing involving the new X + Y to short hop mechanic that partially ****s up your control scheme. I had to restart the game and reconfigure my controller in order to work. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom