• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Constantly stuck in 1 vs. 1 matches within the 4-player mode (For Glory)

Yoshi_smash

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed something that has been happening more and more frequently in recent months: when I go to the 4-player mode of For Glory, I enter a room and there is one other person in that room (for a total of 2 people: me and one other person). The two other player slots are empty and say "waiting...", and it STAYS that way for more than 5 matches. It usually goes something like this:

1. Me and one other person are in the 4-player room, and no one shows up in the other two player slots -- a 1 vs. 1 match begins, then that match ends.
  2. After the 1st match, it's just me and one other person in the 4-player room with no one else showing up. A second 1 vs. 1 match begins, then that match ends.
  3. After the 2nd match, it's STILL just me and one other person in the 4-player room, with no one else showing up (i.e. two empty player slots). A third 1 vs. 1 match begins, then that match ends.
This keeps repeating itself over and over again. Sometimes, I've played more than 10 matches (1 vs. 1 each time) stuck with one person in the 4-player mode with no one else showing up. When I leave that room and go to another room, it's another room with only one other person in it. Essentially, in almost every room I enter, two of the player slots say "waiting..." over and over again with no one showing up in those slots. (Or the room is empty altogether). The few people that do show up leave after a few seconds (that's discussed in another thread).

I go to the 4-player mode to play against 3 other people, not to get stuck in 1 vs. 1 matches over and over again. In addition, I don't like playing 1 vs. 1 matches within the 4-player mode because they are timed to only 2 minutes, meaning that Sudden Death matches are more frequent. (I hate Sudden Death matches, because I usually lose them -- Yoshi isn't good at Sudden Death matches).

It just seems like the online environment of Smash 4 is deserted. There aren't enough people playing For Glory to be able to play 4-player matches with frequency anymore. In many cases, the 4-player mode of For Glory has become a de facto 1 vs. 1 area because there aren't enough people playing it. In addition, I keep seeing the same players over and over again, day after day. Note that I don't think I'm in the so-called "For Glory Hell".

Has anyone else experienced these problems? I know most people are playing Ultimate, but there are still a few playing Smash 4 in 2019.

(Also, I've noticed that the entire "Smash for Wii U" section of this forum has been almost entirely inactive in recent months).

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I can easily get 4 players in For Fun and I seem to most often get an opponent within a minute when I join FG 1v1 so I definitely do not think that Smash 3DS online is deserted.

However as hinted to above I have the 3DS version and I never do FG FFA. I do not see the point of FD for a casual match.

Crazy Hand 2001

Banned via Warnings
NNID
ForGloryOnly2014
I can easily get 4 players in For Fun and I seem to most often get an opponent within a minute when I join FG 1v1 so I definitely do not think that Smash 3DS online is deserted.

However as hinted to above I have the 3DS version and I never do FG FFA. I do not see the point of FD for a casual match.
well smash 3ds online is more popular as more people bought it

Top Bottom