• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console64 SuPeRbOoMfAn vs Dylan_Tnga and other various mtl ppl (UPDATED!!!)

nuro

Smash Lord
The verticle falcon kick is a ******** edgeguard... where it works you could easily do something else. I dont see any reason for doing it ever.

But fine, since there's no point disagreeing with you for obvious reasons, please tell me what makes it a good decision, is there a certain edgeguard situation or something? I figured dtilt and dair were way better in pretty much every case.

As for the horizontal falcon kick, I see it being used all the time and for good reason.
In some cases its a easier way of edgeguarding than using other things. This really shouldn't need to be explained since its priority lies withing its insane reach and also in its easy and fast execution. If your good though it mostly depends on personal preference.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
If your good though it mostly depends on personal preference.
I figured as much. I personally prefer the down air and the down tilt, or a good ol fashioned ledge hop dair, bair, or even the oh so fancy ledgehop uair for the horizontal hitbox kill.

The problem with verticle falcon kick (IMO) is that if you miss it, you're utterly screwed and will be gimped. If you miss your dair, chances are your opponent did some tricky aerial maneuever to avoid it and you can jump back to the stage much quicker.

Top Bottom