• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console Pokemon Game made by Monolith Soft?

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Recently I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles and loving it, and it's got me thinking about how amazing an open-world Pokemon game could be. While obviously it would retain the classic Pokemon battle system, I think the Xenoblade encounter system would be a vast improvement over random encounters in Pokemon. It would be amazing to see Pokemon roaming about in wide-open fields in HD and being able to walk right up to them. I imagine they could do some neat things with surfing, diving, flying, and riding Pokemon as a means of transport like the mechs in Xenoblade Chronicles X. Really the Pokemon formula has gotten stale, and I think that bringing in Monolith Soft to really bring the Pokemon world to life would rejuvenate the series. Also if the NX rumors about being a console/handheld hybrid are true, such a game would be a perfect fit, as you could both enjoy a cinematic experience at home and grind while on the go. What do you think?

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
First of all, YESSSS!
Second of all, a lot of the features you just described are available in the Minecraft mod, pixelmon! Seriously, if you have minecraft and a decent computer, get it! Get it! Get it! It is easily the most impressive and noteworthy mod for minecraft ever! Because, like you said, you can just walk up to pokemon in a field, or forest, or jungle, or swim up to them in the ocean, and start an encounter. Also, surfing, flying, and diving is amazing in that game, since you can actually ride your Pokémon and not some generic blob, and they even make their noises from the anime. All the mechanics of Pokémon are there too, or at least a good majority of them. EVs, breeding, the battle mechanics, catching Pokémon, and more are in the mod. Although it is not at all HD, there is a certain draw to the minecraft landscape and style. However, it is obviously not perfect, as fan-made mods can only go so far (even though this one went very far). It showcases just how AWESOME an officially made pokemon game of this type can be. Like, why ever play anything else? I haven't played Xenoblade, but I can imagine what it is like from your description, and I would die for a Pokémon game in that style, like, DIE!

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
First of all, YESSSS!
Second of all, a lot of the features you just described are available in the Minecraft mod, pixelmon! Seriously, if you have minecraft and a decent computer, get it! Get it! Get it! It is easily the most impressive and noteworthy mod for minecraft ever! Because, like you said, you can just walk up to pokemon in a field, or forest, or jungle, or swim up to them in the ocean, and start an encounter. Also, surfing, flying, and diving is amazing in that game, since you can actually ride your Pokémon and not some generic blob, and they even make their noises from the anime. All the mechanics of Pokémon are there too, or at least a good majority of them. EVs, breeding, the battle mechanics, catching Pokémon, and more are in the mod. Although it is not at all HD, there is a certain draw to the minecraft landscape and style. However, it is obviously not perfect, as fan-made mods can only go so far (even though this one went very far). It showcases just how AWESOME an officially made pokemon game of this type can be. Like, why ever play anything else? I haven't played Xenoblade, but I can imagine what it is like from your description, and I would die for a Pokémon game in that style, like, DIE!
Sadly I have neither Minecraft nor a computer fit for gaming. At any rate I tend not to mess around with mods, excepting occasionally Smash mods. Monolith Soft could also provide a better story than what Pokemon games currently have, though they have been improving in this regard, and of course both Monolith and Gamefreak can handle themselves as far as the music goes. As far as Xenoblade goes, just go to around 13:45 of the below video to see what I'm thinking of.

Top Bottom