• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Console Loyalty?

EZdelFresco

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CaliKid_E
I think it's dumb personally. I'm a legit gamer. I like my games diverse. I will play a Mario, Zelda, or Sonic game then pop in Uncharted, Gears of War or Metal Gear Solid. I see no point in fanboys choosing sides and waging internet wars on people who prefer a console other than their own. And some take it too far, as if they're on the payroll of Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony. To make my point, what's the point of choosing sides and limiting the titles you get to play? While people are debating about it, I'd prefer to get the best of all worlds and laugh at the "gamers" who limit what they play because it's not on their console. And ok, maybe you aren't interested in any games that aren't Nintendo exclusives or whatever and that's fine. But why is it necessary to take a dump on people who DO enjoy other console exclusives? Someone help me understand the point.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I buy whatever gets me the most games for the least amount of money. Since I enjoy having a good PC, Microsoft's consoles are largely useless to me. I've bought Playstations since the PS1 with whatever Nintendo console is out on a slight lag. That usually covers all gaming needs.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I think it's just handcuffing yourself, but in terms of consoles I really do feel WiiU is the only one really worth owning for me right now. I'm building a new PC really soon, and since PS4 and XBone thus far have basically only packaged themselves as bad PCs with no real distinguishing factor, I find myself hard pressed to justify spending money on either.

But yeah I mean I've generally had multiple consoles a generation up until now, because each console used to actually have its own unique environment.

Last edited:

AL3Xxs

Smash Cadet
NNID
AL3Xxs
3DS FC
1762-2852-8466
Some people just like to argue for the sake of arguing. And some people don't seem to understand that just because they don't enjoy a certain game/genre, doesn't mean that everyone will have the same opinion as them.

Top Bottom