• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Consistent Wavedash D-tilts

Technetium43

Smash Rookie
NNID
milestiden
Hey, I'm a rather new Marth main, and while I've got a handle on the majority of his approach options, I have some serious consistency troubles with doing a wavedash d-tilt out of a dash dance. Does anyone have any good ways to practice this, or like a play by play of what I should be doing so I know what to focus on? I'm not exactly sure how I'm messing it up, but it usually ends up with a fullhop dair, which, while amusing, is not exactly an optimal approach option.

RoyIsOurBoy_TTG

Smash Journeyman
Your just messing up the wavedash timing. Literally the only thing you can do is to just keep practicing that.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Don't forget it has to be the hard press to get the air dodge. I still sometimes mess this up just because I didn't my trigger hard enough.

Sutekh

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure I'm not the only one, but I use my fingertip to depress the trigger button rather than the pad of my finger, which lets you hard press faster and in a more controlled manner. I'm sure it's not uncommon by any means, but if you're a newer player, I know that's something that helped my wavedashing consistency significantly.

Top Bottom