• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Considering building comp need advice.

kma23

Smash Apprentice
I was wondering what skills are needed where do I get the supplies and where do I get windows xp so I can put it on also does it requure any coding skills.:chuckle::chuckle::confused::confused:

Metroid_01

Smash Journeyman
Atlanta, GA (school yr), Miami, Fl (summer)
I was wondering what skills are needed where do I get the supplies and where do I get windows xp so I can put it on also does it requure any coding skills.:chuckle::chuckle::confused::confused:
You can look around online to buy parts for a computer. Its not a project you can just be like 'I wanna make a computer' and do. If you dont know what the inside of a computer looks like, you wont be able to pull it off. You need to wire the entire thing in yourself. Its not terribly complex, but if you want to do it, you should make sure you can at least take apart and then put back together a system on your own.

Mebbe someone who has done it before can give you an idea for places to look, but I know that newegg.com has good cheap parts.

Also, you dont need to know how to program anything, but itll help to be familiar with things like what to do with bios, and to be able to figure out what errors you will probably come across when you first boot up.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
If you want to know what parts you'll need that's simple enough. A graphics card(go for at least 128mb), Ram(at least 1 gig), a couple of fans, a hard drive, a monitor, a good processor(dual-core if you can), and for your operating system go with either Widows XP or Linux. If you have an old computer examine the insides so you know where everything goes, what it is, and so on. Also, don't forget, you need a clear case that you can put neon lights into.

Top Bottom