• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connectivity Ideas

My guess is that it won't be necessary for connectivity, but many unlockables between them. Very similar to how you can play one pokemon game without needing the other. But to fully unlock everything you need to link up the WiiU and 3DS together.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I hope you don't need it to unlock characters...I doubt that'll happen though. Sakurai did talk about character customization, but when I see the game now...I don't see how he will do that. We'll have to see what information he'll give us in the future. It'd also be cool for an online co-op feature for the adventure mode or something, so I can play with my friend on there through the story mode. :p

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm not

Have you seen the vita trying to play with the ps3 on Playstation All Stars?

So ridiculously laggy. It's horrible, and can ruin the fun for everyone else playing on console

Not to mention, they're making the two games unique enough to where they wouldn't work together. I'm happy that I'll be buying two unique smash games rather than a port of the Wii U one to an inferior platform (as a handheld always is for fighters)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
If they make the 3DS usable as a controller, that would be cool. Maybe if they include some kind of trophy/sticker/etc shenanigans, you can transfer between the two... or created stages/characters (if the rumors are true for the later).

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I think that somehow Sakurai will manage to get the 3DS and the WiiU to communicate for cross-platform interaction. Sort of like how in Pokémon Battle Revolution where you can sync your Pokémon boxes with the Wii. It's not nearly the same but maybe the WiiU is compatible to the point where there won't be lag. I don't know. I'm just tossing out my hopes for Smash 4 here.

210stuna

Smash Lord
We're talking about the same guys that made a train wreck with the last Smash online scene right?

Okay.
Just making sure I'm on the right page.

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
It is hard to say what the connectivity will be. I remember reading something some time ago where it stated that Sakurai wanted the 3DS version to be more customizable. Something about trading or transferring to the Wii U version. It sounds tacky on paper. We'll just have to see.

DJ TylerTy

Smash Rookie
Not sure if this was posted already somewhere, but I think Wii U and 3DS will be "crossplay". After reading this source
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/13/e3-2013-smash-bros-will-not-use-touch-screen-controls
"You can think of situations where, if you implemented touch controls on Wii U, then the GamePad player would have advantages over other players," Sakurai told me. "We want to balance evenly across Wii U and the 3DS versions, so there's a balance issue there, which means you would have to avoid using touch screen controls."

Also, with them saying that Wii U will be limited to the 3DS in content, this makes sense to me.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I might get hate for this, but I would not like for any connection between the two where you have to get all the unlockables. I think it would be best if you can unlock all the stuff without cconnecting between and get it on your own for the Wii U. As for the 3DS, you can unlock everything on your own, or you can use street pass to get unlockable stuff. All I know is that you can transfer customized characters to the Wii U, and because of that, I hope the 3DS can be used as a control. Mostly because I'd rather use one control for both instead of having to get used to two. And if I can use the 3DS as a control, I can go to tournaments for the Wii U and play without having to practice on the Wii U (this could only work if the Wii U and 3DS version will have the same game mechanic [I think they do, but I am not sure]). That would also depend on how different the two are. Since people will want fair stages (battlefield and final destination), I am pretty sure there won't be much difference.
with them saying that Wii U will be limited to the 3DS in content, this makes sense to me.
I don't think it will be limited in content because of the 3DS. The only limit I can think of is characters, and I think Sakurai wanted to add a certain limit to them regardless of what the 3DS can handle.

nat pagle

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0834-1759-2409
Also, with them saying that Wii U will be limited to the 3DS in content, this makes sense to me.

All I seem to remember was the roster being limited to 3DS. Did he say anything else about stages, 1p material, etc? Because overall we've been seeing quite a lot of Wii U material with Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, etc. It just seems like 3DS is coming along later in the stages of development.

JetpackX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JetpackX
3DS FC
0877-2713-1529
All I seem to remember was the roster being limited to 3DS. Did he say anything else about stages, 1p material, etc? Because overall we've been seeing quite a lot of Wii U material with Megaman, Wii Fit Trainer, etc. It just seems like 3DS is coming along later in the stages of development.
I think they're just trying to balance everything out on the both versions.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I just want to say that the roster has nothing to do with how much the 3ds can handle. Also, Sakurai is only posting Wii U pics because, to truly appreciate the 3DS pics, it has to be on the 3DS.

The only way I would customize a character and move it to the Wii U is if I can use the 3DS as a controller. I will not play on a different control, just to be doing the same thing.

SmasherP82

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SmasherP83
3DS FC
4699-8697-4633
I just want to say that the roster has nothing to do with how much the 3ds can handle. Also, Sakurai is only posting Wii U pics because, to truly appreciate the 3DS pics, it has to be on the 3DS.

The only way I would customize a character and move it to the Wii U is if I can use the 3DS as a controller. I will not play on a different control, just to be doing the same thing.
I don't even have a Wii U but I think I'll be fine o3o plus I'm sure the roster might be like +40 characters but it depends and for the 3DS pics I do agree about that :\

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I don't even have a Wii U but I think I'll be fine o3o plus I'm sure the roster might be like +40 characters but it depends and for the 3DS pics I do agree about that :\
The 3DS picture thing was what Sakurai said. I have to agree. On an HD compatible console, it would be weird to have a lower graphic picture and you can't even see the 3D effect.

Top Bottom