• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecting xbox controller?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordofhockey

Smash Rookie
I was wondering whether i can, or not connect my xbox 360 wireless controller to my computer by wireless reciever. I know i can do that, but then. I want to know if I can then configure to use it on project64k, assuming i make it so then i can use my own controls.
:confused::confused::confused:

Superstar

Smash Champion
I assume yes.

I'd rather use a wired controller though. It's not like a console where you sit on a couch far from the TV. You are sitting in front of the monitor. Choice depends on the reciever's price, wired 360 controllers range from 30-40 bucks.

Superstar

Smash Champion
tough?

Wired Controller is plug and play. Unless of course, you're missing the driver. One of Vista's existant advantages over XP. Wireless should be the same, cept you need to buy a receiver and batteries [unless you recharge them, but that wastes time].

Other than that, it should be exactly the same.

craiigg

Smash Lord
xbox controllers can be used wireless with a reciever or a wired.

on vista drivers are automatic, on XP you just have to download an installer

Superstar

Smash Champion
The worst part is of course finding the installer. It goes by some weird name, that makes you think "Is this REALLY a 360 driver"? I don't remember, exactly.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
uh i do believe the wireless xbox 360 controller comes with a installation CD?
if you don't have the CD microsoft has the installation file on their website

xx0EleMenT0xx

Smash Apprentice
For xbox 360 wireless controllers you need to buy the official microsoft 360 bluetooth adapter
for pc. It lets you connect all of the 360's wireless devices to pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom