• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Connecting the Wii to the internet.

::FalcoFTW::

Smash Apprentice
I haven't gotten a wii yet, but I was planning to before SSBB came out. I was wondering, can you connect the wii online only by wi-fi or can you connect it directly with the ethernet cord? And if you need a wireless router, two questions: What router would you suggest that's cheaper than linksys and is compatible with the nintendo ds and the Wii. Also, can you connect the router to the ethernet cord without a modem, because I live in an apartment where the high speed internet is provided, but I only have an ethernet cord and no modem? :confused:

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Straight out of the box, you can only connect to the Internet via WiFi. However, there is a USB attachment (sold separately) that will take an Ethernet cord.

As for a router, I bought mine almost two years ago, so I don't know what is good today. Mine is a standard D-Link router. If you do get a router, make sure you set it to channel 1 or 11. That's all I know. :p

GOTM

Smash Champion
i personally would invest in a usb ethernat adaptor for it. there cheap and it would give you a guarantee of no lost frames due to a wireless connection. you might still lose some, but it would not be the connections fault. thats my opinion

Top Bottom