• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confusion under low platforms data thread

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
This thread's purpose is to talk about what characters can be placed on a low platform when they are hit by Confusion while under them. I have yet to fully test this, but it might be able to prevent the opponent from jumping away after Confusion. This could open them up to things such as Usmash, Fair, Disable, Nair, Shadow Ball, or other attacks.

Battlefield:
:4peach::4bowser::4yoshi::rosalina::4wario2::4gaw::4dk::4diddy::4link::4zelda::4sheik::4ganondorf::4tlink::4samus::4zss::4pit::4darkpit::4palutena::4marth::4lucina::4myfriends::4robinm::4kirby::4dedede::4metaknight::4littlemac::4fox::4falco::4pikachu::4charizard::4lucario::4jigglypuff::4greninja::4duckhunt::4ness::4falcon::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:
---Doesn't work on Battlefield: :4mario::4drmario::4luigi::4bowserjr::4rob:

Smashville: :4wario2::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4metaknight: (doesn't work on ANYONE else)

Halberd Data:
Lowest Platform on the Halberd: Everyone except :4bowserjr::4rob:
Furthest sides of the flying portion of the stage: Everyone except :4rob:
Diagonal slopes of the flying portion of the stage: Everyone except :4bowserjr::4rob:
Lowest center of the flying portion of the stage: Everyone except :4wario2::4duckhunt::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4metaknight:

Because this works on the majority of the cast (on Battlefield), I wanted to share and discuss the potential applications of this with everyone. I think it is a returning trick from Melee, but I can't remember.

Anyways, post what characters on what stages this works on, and I will add it to this post.

Last edited:

Uffe

Smash Hero
Good job looking into this. I wish I had seen this topic sooner. I just got done fighting a R.O.B. on Battlefield and he would not go up on the platform when I used Confusion. I'd help you look further into this, say on a stage such as Smashville, but I only have the 3DS.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
For the Miis you should probably use the sizes that are used in tournaments for your testing.
Noted. I will do this for all future stages.

Anyways, bad news. Just tested Smashville. Here's the characters this worked on:

:4wario2::4charizard::4jigglypuff::4metaknight:

Aaaand that's it. Just those 4 characters. :/

Might test Halberd next.

Last edited:

Toph_87

Smash Apprentice
Thanks. I was in the lab yesterday testing out side-b and was going to post this, but was too tired too lol.

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Halberd Data:

Lowest Platform on the Halberd: Everyone except :4bowserjr::4rob:

Furthest sides of the flying portion of the stage: Everyone except :4rob:

Diagonal slopes of the flying portion of the stage: Everyone except :4bowserjr::4rob:

Lowest center of the flying portion of the stage: Everyone except :4wario2::4duckhunt::4kirby::4jigglypuff::4charizard::4metaknight:

Basically, this trick is almost bound to never work on Bowser Jr and ROB on pretty much any stage.

Mienaikage

Smash Cadet
I don't think this works unfortunately, tried testing on 1/4 speed on Battlefield, and so far Diddy and Link were both able to jump away within a small window. On top of this, it seems it's also possible to do a nair just before landing and act before Mewtwo is able to do anything :(

BlakDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlakDragon
3DS FC
2938-7104-7763
I hope you guys can excuse the near-month-old necropost; I'm afraid I'll have to add to @ Mienaikage Mienaikage 's list of fighters that this trap isn't guaranteed on.

I was playing doubles earlier, as Mega Man, and got caught by Confusion under Battlefield's platform; however, I didn't succumb to knockdown. I mashed jump, but instead of jumping away, I landed on the above platform normally. This likely means he can mash Rush Coil to escape the set up.

I saved the footage and can upload it to Share mode if you guys want.

Last edited:
Top Bottom