• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confused on move names

Beta_Smash

Banned via Warnings
Luna, Louisiana (15 min drive from West Monroe)
NNID
Se7enSB
I'm picking up Squirtle and I'm wanting to main him but I'm confused on the terms, such as

• Aqua Jet
• HydroPlane
• Withdraw
• ShellShift

So could anyone explain what all of these terms mean? Starting from the easy terms (not things like fair) to the technical stuff.

Flore

Smash Rookie
I had this issue yesterday, and just learned I cannot link until I have done 10 posts, but reddit[Dot]com/r/SSBPM/comments/2i4dz7/full_list_of_squirtle_techniques/ was very helpful to me.

Swooty

Smash Rookie
OFFICIAL MOVE NAMES (Based on Pokemon moves):
  • Shellshift (Dash turnaround)
  • Withdraw (Side B)
  • Aqua Jet (Special version of side b when you collide with an enemy on startup)
LESS OFFICIAL DUMB MOVE NAMES (Advanced techniques based on this rule of thumb)
  • Hydro- prefix (Hydrograb, Hydropivot, Hydroplane): Hydro is a prefix for any move that's done while sliding as a result of shellshift momentum. (Hydro grab, a grab while sliding) or (Hydroplane upsmash, an upsmash while sliding)
  • Sling Prefix / Suffix (Slingjump, wavesling, shellsling): Any advanced technique involving momentum from a shellshift with no attacks (Slingjump, a quick jump with shellshift momentum) or (Wavesling, a super long wavedash using shellshift momentum)
MOVE NAMES I MADE UP (BECAUSE I'M THE BEST SQUIRTMAN):
  • HYDROREST (A MORE SWAGGIN WAY OF SAYING AQUA JET)
  • HYDROSWAG (THE GLORIOUS SHADES B) )
Hope that helped :)

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
OFFICIAL MOVE NAMES (Based on Pokemon moves):
  • Shellshift (Dash turnaround)
  • Withdraw (Side B)
  • Aqua Jet (Special version of side b when you collide with an enemy on startup)
LESS OFFICIAL DUMB MOVE NAMES (Advanced techniques based on this rule of thumb)
  • Hydro- prefix (Hydrograb, Hydropivot, Hydroplane): Hydro is a prefix for any move that's done while sliding as a result of shellshift momentum. (Hydro grab, a grab while sliding) or (Hydroplane upsmash, an upsmash while sliding)
  • Sling Prefix / Suffix (Slingjump, wavesling, shellsling): Any advanced technique involving momentum from a shellshift with no attacks (Slingjump, a quick jump with shellshift momentum) or (Wavesling, a super long wavedash using shellshift momentum)
MOVE NAMES I MADE UP (BECAUSE I'M THE BEST SQUIRTMAN):
  • HYDROREST (A MORE SWAGGIN WAY OF SAYING AQUA JET)
  • HYDROSWAG (THE GLORIOUS SHADES B) )
Hope that helped :)
No. We're getting rid of that sling crap. It's just a RAR swooty

Top Bottom