• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Confirmed! Samus Can Fast Fall Twice

Litt

Samus
I have heard this rumor going on for a while now from top players, and I honestly never thought about it much, but now that I think about it, I can feel it sometimes. Not sure if its just me thinking about it happening and thats why I think I am noticing it, or its actually there and just difficult to notice.

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Yknow what it might be possible. I remember one time I was playing with my friends and I was getting juggled by marth and I'm trying to get down. One of my friends shout "why don't you fast fall!" but I swear i was smash the stick down. sooo

Litt

Samus
Yknow what it might be possible. I remember one time I was playing with my friends and I was getting juggled by marth and I'm trying to get down. One of my friends shout "why don't you fast fall!" but I swear i was smash the stick down. sooo
I believe that you may have been in the tumble animation in mid air, that is why you could not increase the speed of your fall, not because there are different fall speeds, but there still may be different fast fall speeds, just I believe that is a better explanation for the situation you are describing.

Last edited:

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
No no, if memory serves me I got hit, and got out of tumble through bomb jumps, and thats when I tried to fast fall

Litt

Samus
you might have also still be in morph ball animation during the attempted fast fall

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
Hmm good point. I will experiment this more in the future when I get my ass handed to me in the air
Btw KLit you going to ROM?

Litt

Samus
Despite RoM being in my back yard (legit only an hour away from my home), I do not believe I will attend after the constructive criticism I gave to Alukard post RoM 6, and was prompted told to shut up and not attend the next one if I didn't like how it was run. (Despite nearly every criticism I gave fixed for this event after I was barraged with insults regarding my intelligence, and rudely told to **** off and that if I didn't like it, I should leave the community, then all the sudden when RoM 7 was announced... everything was the was I said it should have been for RoM 6, with no apology for the way I was spoke to or treated.)

Last edited:

ManoxMano

Smash Journeyman
That's a shame, and that's very rude on Alukard's part. Although think about it, I know Canada is coming in full force and it's never a bad opportunity to play our best.

Litt

Samus
I mean its coming up saturday, and I already told my team's partner I wouldn't go, as for Canada's best, already got to hang and play with Kage at apex :p

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Manox... KK just lost to duck just a few weeks ago... not to hate on canada, but your best aren't going to cut it right now :p

Litt

Samus
Also... hype for the Darrell Ycz6 samus ditto team :D

Litt

Samus
So no one can either confirm or deny the existence of 2 different fast fall speeds...

JerkPhil

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there are two different fall speeds. I feel it should have been discovered already, at least by the TAS-runners.

Litt

Samus
I felt that too, but sometimes I notice different fall speeds and it has been mentioned to me by both Tope and Zoso... I figured I post to see what anyone else thinks or knows

Litt

Samus
CONFIRMED: Samus has the ability to fast fall twice, you are able to hear a sound when a character fast falls, and from a high enough space off the ground, samus has the ability to fast fall twice, ergo two different fast fall speeds!

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Mind. Blown. If you have used your dj(s) your fast fall will end at some point, and to keep going down fast you have to fast fall again! This happened with every char I tested.
Edit: This seems to be related to interruptin dj animation with fast fall.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
Is a video in the works?
I asked the player Cort last night and this is how he confirmed it, just go to dreamland, turn up the sound on your TV, jump off the stage, jam the control stick downward (listen for the fast fall sound), then wait a second or two, and repeat, you will hear another fast fall sound, and samus will fall even faster. Not really sure how to make a proper video for this, but its simple enough to test out for yourself.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
It's not faster. It also only happens when doing fast fall from dj, not elsewhere. I believe what happens is your fast fall gets cancelled as you transition from dj animation to normal fall, as this works with every character except djcers with which you cant fast fall during dj. If you time your fast fall just before dj animation ends, nothing happens, but if you wait until dj ended, you will fast fall regularly. It might actually be same thing as attacks cancel fast fall.

Last edited:

Litt

Samus
It's not faster. It also only happens when doing fast fall from dj, not elsewhere. I believe what happens is your fast fall gets cancelled as you transition from dj animation to normal fall, as this works with every character except djcers with which you cant fast fall during dj. If you time your fast fall just before dj animation ends, nothing happens, but if you wait until dj ended, you will fast fall regularly. It might actually be same thing as attacks cancel fast fall.
Interesting, ill check and test it out today myself with the other characters, I would have thought that if every character could do this it would have already been known

Litt

Samus
Just tested, it out, and other characters do have this feature as well, just an interesting feature, and that explains why I believe sometimes I could fast fall faster when really far away from the stage.

tauKhan

Smash Lord
So if you want to avoid aerials with dj, you should ff twice to get to ground as fast as possible.

Litt

Samus
Maybe this could be useful for some bomb recovery tricks..

Time to open up the lab.
The bombs fall at a set speed... not many tricks that can be done with this, only really just useful at avoiding active edgeguarders like sheik and puff

Hawt Salsa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
illuminati
3DS FC
0666-0420-1337
The bombs fall at a set speed... not many tricks that can be done with this, only really just useful at avoiding active edgeguarders like sheik and puff
This is true, but I can't really give a good explanation of what i mean. I'll edit this post tomorrow with the right wording.

Top Bottom