• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Concerning possible international online play.

Reyairia

Smash Champion
If this is just a spam topic just delete, I won't be upset or anything.

Anyway, my dad works for the U.S. Embassy and so we're currently living in Austria, which is central Europe for those of you who flunked 5th grade Geography and high school History. So because of this I've managed to obtain an American Wii and Brawl and play online from here.

Generally, there isn't much lag. I've been playing most of my matches completely lag free, but once in every 6-10 matches has some lag, and depending on the time of day it can cause me to disconnect entirely once in every 15 or so.

I guess I overestimated the Atlantic ocean, or underestimated Brawl's online mode.

jalued

Smash Lord
oh good, so it does work then, i'm in britain with a freeloader... i hope it'll work lol (my wii is being fixed atm, i have the game and ITS MOCKING ME)

scalpel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1322-7073-9341
Are you playing against people in America, from where you are in Europe? If so, that is...amazing. But if you're in Europe, and you're playing with people in Europe, that is still pretty neat that there's barely any lag. Thanks for the info.

2kuul

Smash Rookie
i live in europe too and sometimes on Everyone play i barely get lag! :)
so i see nintendo is fixing their problems...

Mx7f

Smash Cadet
There really isn't much lag for large distances so long as you have your internet set up right. After giving my wii a static IP and opening the proper ports and changing the wireless to channel 11, I went from the game moving at about 1 fps to almost no lag. Most of the people complaining about large amounts of lag just haven't configured their internet properly.

Top Bottom