• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Computer Won't Read Vids on SD Card

PeteBeast

Smash Apprentice
Well it seems I've had a small problem. The thing is I put a Micro SD card on my Wii throughtan adapter, I was able to record matches with nice combos and kills on it instead of saving them on my Wii. I put the card on my phone so I could get my computer to read the card through Blutooth (like I usually do when a record things with my phone) but no videos appear on the card whatsoever.

The question is, did I do something wrong? If not, if there a certain folder they are saved at? I don't have issues if the videos are a format that can't be watched, I can convert it.

Anyways, thanks alot!

Faux

Smash Rookie
When you save replays it doesn't necessarily record that match into a video. It just records what moves have been done during the match, the movement of the characters, etc so it can remake that match when you watch the replay. To record videos you need a capture card. There are some tutorials on this forum so look around a bit and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for.

PeteBeast

Smash Apprentice
So the vids on the SD card can't be watched.. ever? Or with a video card I can record them whne I watch them on my TV?

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
What he's saying is-is that the replays you saved on the game aren't actual videos themselves. They're a list of recorded moves and events that happened during the game that the game repeats for a "replay".

Simply put;
The files aren't actual videos, that's why they aren't showing up. You'll need to actually record it with either a capture card, or a camcorder.

scangs

Smash Rookie
how do you exactly use a cam to record and there must be a way with out a cam

Ageman20XX

Smash Apprentice
To answer the TC as well as scangs above, when you record matches in Brawl, you're not recording video. You're creating a script - a script only Brawl can read. So how do you record your matches? Play them back on your TV through your Wii and record them from there. Yes, a Video Camera Recorder could work, but I doubt the quality would be worth it. Try looking in google for a product called a Gamebridge - it (or similar devices) are probably your bets option for easy recording and high quality. :)

Top Bottom