• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Computer Problem... Help?

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Hey everyone I'm building a new comp and I can't seem to get it to turn on... X_X

I'm pretty sure the problem is my front panel wiring.

The wires from my front panel read:

+ - (I have no clue what the hell these are for)
Reset Sw (I think goes to Res)
Power Sw (I think goes to PW)
Speak (Speak... obviously)
H.D.D LED (HD I'm pretty sure)

My Case is a Cooler Master Centurion 534 and my motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-790XTA-UD4.

The labels in the manual/guide for the front panel wiring read

MSG
PW
SPEAK
HD
RES
CL
PWR

I'm pretty sure which go with which but I'm not 100% sure. Also on the underside of the wires label thing there's a triangle and a capital G. I'm pretty sure the triangle means positive but correct me if im wrong.

Also do I plug the male into the female side? or the male.... into the male side?...lol

All help is appreciated.

I know this sounds like a dumb question but its like the only thing I can think of that i could be doing wrong

Sub_Scorpion7

Smash Journeyman
Male to male? Seriously?

When you say your comp doesn't turn on, do you see any lights turn on at all? Or is everything completely dead? You might have a bad PS or a broken mobo (more likely).

-Ran

Smash Master
The wires from my front panel read:

+ - (I have no clue what the hell these are for) - LED Light for Power.
Reset Sw - Reset Switch.
Power Sw - Power Switch.
Speak - Motherboard speaker for post.
H.D.D LED - Harddrive activity light.
Typically the coloration for the power switch will be red on the board, and so just plug in that one wire for now. You can also use a screw driver to jump the electricity between the two pins as well.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I know my mobo works because I can plug my keyboard in and it turns on so my mobo is fine. Same with my power supply.

Also @ Sub Scorpion. I realize the male to male thing was dumb but I have literally tried everything I can think of as far as plugging in the power switch wire. So I wasnt really sure

If I plug in the wires marked + - into the power swtich spot a blue led turns on in the front panel. Not sure what that means

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I called the tech support company for the mobo and i did a bunch of **** for them and finally they called it doa. So I'm gonna send it to them and get a replacement. If I have any problems then Ill post here

Top Bottom