• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completely new here

TheVile

Smash Rookie
So, I happen to live in Sweden, and I don't know any other smashers personally, and I have never played the game at a competitive level. I have closely followed the competitive scene however, and know much about it, but as for my own skills... let's just say I think they are lacking ;)
Any tips for how I can get into the community? :)

Any help is appreaciated! :D

Last edited:

TOGOpuff

Jigglyfy the world !
NNID
TOGOpuff
Hey TheVile :D Brazilian smash player here. Welcome to smashboards. There are many ways you can get into the community although you don't feel like a competitive level player. You can always help organizing tournaments on your region and increasing your local community, spreading the love and redirecting your friends towards smashboards, you can subscribe to the twitch channels and buy premium on smashboards if you're able to spare a few bucks and you can be an active member of the forums writing and replying to threads. Everyone can find their way to fit in be it being a player, a TO, a subscriber, a +1 view on twitch, a researcher... There's just so much into it. Just do what you feel like doing and what makes you feel good about yourself and helpful to the community.

welcome :D

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Heya Vile. TOGOpuff covered a lot of the things you can do to really get into the community. You've already completed the first step by joining our home here at Smashboards :)

We feed off of each other in the Smash community (not literally of course), so anything you end up doing, no matter how minor, leads to a better community for all of us.

Just get settled in and I'm sure you'll find your way. What exactly are you interested in most about the Smash community?

TheVile

Smash Rookie
Heya Vile. TOGOpuff covered a lot of the things you can do to really get into the community. You've already completed the first step by joining our home here at Smashboards :)

We feed off of each other in the Smash community (not literally of course), so anything you end up doing, no matter how minor, leads to a better community for all of us.

Just get settled in and I'm sure you'll find your way. What exactly are you interested in most about the Smash community?
I would really like to be able to play with my local community, although I understand that it might not happen due to how small Sweden is as a country and how few players there are here :/

Hokori

Great King of Evil
You could look around here to see if there are any active players from Sweeden, then if they're still active at all around the forums, you could send them a message about playing/where to play.

Top Bottom