• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Wish Lists for the next PM release after 3.0

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
One side of the stage is a huge wall so you must KO from up or the right side only. Plus it has an extremely high ceiling making your primary option for a KO the right side. These attributes make it good for practicing certain things I suppose and it is a good looking stage but you can't even turn it off of random stage select. That and the fact that it replaces the Brawl WiFi room which is a better stage for warming up before a match. I would like the stage if it didn't replace the WiFi room. Besides the exclusion of the sandbag from the Training Room would make the stage seem more fitting, because it looks like a classical fighters stage so the sandbag throws off the vibe they seem to be going for anyway. Also the WiFi waiting room is one of the most wanted PM playable stages by PM fans. Finally if the Online Practice stage was chosen at random for a match at least it is nearly acceptable for competitive play where as the Training Room is not in the slightest.
Yes, but that`s why it`s on page 2 which is for the non-competitive stages. Also, please direct me to what thread you were in when you read that wifi stage was the most wanted stage by fans.

Ginge

Smash Ace
but you can't even turn it off of random stage select.

Go to Random Stage Switch. Turn All Normal Stages Off. Turn All Melee Stages Off. Reselect the stages that you want to show up in random.

Training Room is now off.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Boshi for Yoshi
I agree and he would technically fit the rules since he is just a Yoshi and all the other colors represent different yoshi's. Except I think his costume slots are all filled up. So are all of Marios.

Ginge

Smash Ace
I agree and he would technically fit the rules since he is just a Yoshi and all the other colors represent different yoshi's. Except I think his costume slots are all filled up. So are all of Marios.
They could replace one of Yoshi's 10 colors with an alt skin. It wouldn't be unheard of.

prisoner

Smash Cadet
The only issue is that there's no guarantee that they're going to use all of the spots to begin with. If we knew they were going to use them all then I could understand that concern. If not, then Pichu becomes a far more attractive choice. It also helps that he's by far the safest and easiest choice they could implement. He wouldn't take nearly as much work as the likes of Ridley or Issac (both of whom are awesome, and it would be great to see them added, don't get me wrong).

EDIT: also, the PMBR is more responsible for the Pokemon oversaturation than the original developers, since they were the ones who split PT into three seperate characters to begin with. Don't take this the wrong way, I love you to death PMBR and I can totally see why you guys did it.

I don't really see why we shouldn't bring Pichu back since it's the only Melee vet who isn't accounted for at all in P:M. Pichu could have a playstyle just as interesting as that of many other suggested characters with far less time, work, and effort required (and far less risk of getting into trouble with Nintendo as well). If this were SSB4, then I would totally want other choices in over Pichu, but if we're talking about a Melee sequel, we may as well bring the nerfed rat back. Roy was a low-tier clone as well, and look at how much fun he is to play D:

But that's just my two cents-- I don't mean this to get too carried away or to attack anybody. *shrug*

you know, I've been against the idea of Pichu from day one, but after reading this post I'm open to it.

I mean, it's not really an issue of IF they bring Pichu back... it's if they can make him into an interesting character.

a character that does big damage to his opponent and in the process does damage to itself (and maybe is also a lightwight to up the risk) is actually a pretty cool concept, and maybe the PMBR should bring a character in next with this gimmick even if it's not Pichu. are there any other tiny Nintendo characters that pack a big punch (I guess they also need a trophy in Brawl...)?

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
Stages
- since Project M made their own unique final D, I'd really like to see what amazingness they can do for battlefield.
- I'd like to see more viable transformation/ large stages as well as stages that deviate from the standard platform layout and floor layout.

characters
- Ganon: I've been thinking after reading through the tier list thread, and alot of people think he needs help so here's what i've devised
* Wizard foot tanks through weaker projectiles like arrows, fireballs, etc. should at least clank with charge shots, aura balls. aurabombs, explosives and shadow ball would beat it though.
* just for styling more than actual help, The last 1/4th of Ganon's Uair should spike, the part where his foot is coming down. It would make sense really, and it'd give him a stylish jecht-shot esque kill move.
* another option out of the sideB, holding A would smother them in darkness and then serve as a weak launcher (this could be done in the air if the person didn't want to ganoncide

-Olimar
*just a tad more grab range on the blue pikmin, heck maybe even make it tether grab range/ recovery length to make it a real difference
* red and yellow need a bit more to differentiate them in my opinion. maybe i just haven't been playing enough to really pick up on the nuances but I haven't really spotted anything yet.
* can i pretty please call my pikmin back after a certain point if i side smash them off stage? ;-;

-C. Falcon
*i remember in one version C falcon could use the b reversal 5 TIMES in a row before he finally released it. can we have that back?

-DeDeDe: many were disappointed that you couldn't meteor with Fsmash offstage any more, I'm torn between asking for this back and leaving as is with a slight power buff. because on stage, really when are you EVER gonna hit with that thing? but off stage if you do hit with it, meteor or not their pretty much dead...
* I personally think the king could make good use of his old multihit Uair.
* either a quicker dtilt or a new useful one
* more uses for dthrow, or maybe just bring back the chaingrab? i don't know how bad it was in vbrawl, but i think some changes could be made to make it fair, or at least make it easier to DI out of. seriously it's not like there aren't other characters with chain grabs.
*ability to absorb waddle dees/doos and spit them as stars would be much appreciated.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Young Link is way cooler than Toon Link and he is different than Toon Link.
Soo, completely subjective and with no real reasoning. Also, a broad majority of Young Link's traits were merged with Toon Link. He'd be redundant.

Yeah sorry, I don't see it happening.

red9rd

Smash Ace
Lucas should have the Oshoe Dance for one of his taunts with the ability for held button continues dancing.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Unless everyone doesn't have a problem with significantly rebalancing the characters, It would be quite risky and possibly overwhelming to give that kind of tech to just any character. Off the top of my head, multi-jump characters would have absurd airtime and a CRAZY recovery advantage one stages with walls, and characters designed to do all their work ON the stage would be able to stretch their powers even further about the stage. Some might not even have much of a use for it. Those that already have walljumps get nothing.
Probably why you only see this feature in Brawl Minus.
Maybe not for EVERYONE... But what about the Mother characters getting walljump? It just sucks on stages like Saffron City and their home turf, Fourside, when they get stuck between two buildings and effectively have no recovery options.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
Less alt costume talk, more PM feature talk.
PMBR is obviously talented, working this hard, getting so much results within many limits. I don't really want a lot of their time going to recolors and costumes that any one person here can experiment with themselves when they could actually use their awesome intellect and bring us some truly unique goodies and tasteful touch ups. Given, this depends on what those limits are.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Less alt costume talk, more PM feature talk.
PMBR is obviously talented, working this hard, getting so much results within many limits. I don't really want a lot of their time going to recolors and costumes that any one person here can experiment with themselves when they could actually use their awesome intellect and bring us some truly unique goodies and tasteful touch ups. Given, this depends on what those limits are.
This would be more effective if you listed some features YOU want added so that you can spark discussion about your ideas and the ideas of others that can play off of your ideas.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
Maybe not for EVERYONE... But what about the Mother characters getting walljump? It just sucks on stages like Saffron City and their home turf, Fourside, when they get stuck between two buildings and effectively have no recovery options.
My response was to everyone getting a walljump. Specific characters? Shizz, I dunno. I don't work on this game. Though I wouldn't give them two walljumps just so they can get out of pits.

Ginge

Smash Ace
My response was to everyone getting a walljump. Specific characters? Shizz, I dunno. I don't work on this game. Though I wouldn't give them two walljumps just so they can get out of pits.
But most characters, when in the pit, can use an extra jump then their Up-B / what have you to get out. Mother characters are basically a less effective Yoshi recovery in the pits.

Abeebo

Smash Journeyman
This would be more effective if you listed some features YOU want added so that you can spark discussion about your ideas and the ideas of others that can play off of your ideas.
I'm sure some people would like to suggest their non-costume ideas regardless of what I say or haven't said. I'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks about other things aside from alt costumes. But you are right that I should (and I have) suggest things myself:
-6-letter names. That would be hot.
-Event matches updated/recreated geared towards improving global basic and advanced techniques. Maybe even character-specific ones.
-I can't really think of any ideas or examples, but what if we reused the whole 'Challenger Approaching-WoooWoooWoooWooo" events to....I dunno. Something fun/creative/extra challenging/new mode.
-auto-save replays?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
All I want is Wario's crouch-out-of-Shoulder-Bash back.

Oh, and Pichu.

And another cool unique clone engine character...

*cough cough*
Starfy
*COUGH COUGH*

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
I want the PMBR to grant all of my personal wishes for this game, even though I'm not paying them for their work.

I like posting on these types of threads before they are inevitably locked. It makes me feel like I'm creating a digital fossil.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
I also added this to my first post but I thought since Marios costumes are filled he should get three new interesting quick tap taunts

*{Taunts}
-[Mario:
-----A quick tap taunt that allows Mario to wear his cape until he does his side B.
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/093/0/f/Cape_Mario_Sprite_by_nardsofdoom.png
-----A quick tap taunt that allows Mario to wear the raccoon tail/ears until he taunts again.
http://scm-l3.technorati.com/11/11/15/56025/super-mario-raccoon-suit.jpg?t=20111115162315
-----A quick tap taunt that allows Mario to wear his Wing Cap until he taunts again
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110223220721/fantendo/images/6/66/WingMario.png

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
The Metal Mario hold-R-like-the-giga-bowser-easter-egg idea is actually pretty cool. I bet it wouldn't be broken like Giga Bowser and Wario Man and could possibly be usable in tournament. That would give us, essentially, another playable character without wasting a clone slot, if it worked.

OrangeSodaGuy

Smash Journeyman
you know, I've been against the idea of Pichu from day one, but after reading this post I'm open to it.

I mean, it's not really an issue of IF they bring Pichu back... it's if they can make him into an interesting character.

a character that does big damage to his opponent and in the process does damage to itself (and maybe is also a lightwight to up the risk) is actually a pretty cool concept, and maybe the PMBR should bring a character in next with this gimmick even if it's not Pichu. are there any other tiny Nintendo characters that pack a big punch (I guess they also need a trophy in Brawl...)?
Haha, glad you like the idea. Pardon me for getting so into it for a moment-- Other posters are right that Pichu is discussed to death. Even if Pichu doesn't make it (word on the street says he's in the game data), I still think it would be fun to see a nerfed character thrown into the game for the sole purpose of trolling and humiliation.

You know what I'd really like to see? Ganon getting a few new moves (namely, his Up Tilt, Nair, and Neutral B, which aren't used too often in competitive play if I have my facts straight. Please correct me if I don't.)

His Utilt and Nair should be the only moves where he uses his sword (they could look similar to Ike's Fsmash and Marth's Nair respectively). It would also be awesome if Ganon's neutral B became a rasengan-like attack where he thrusts his hand out and a ball of energy explodes in front of him. It would be a cool shout-out to his Ocarina of Time energy blasts, and it may be much more feasible for the PMBR (seeing as that projectiles are impossible to code as far as we know). That way, players who mained him in SSBM won't feel alienated, but players who wanted to see his sword in action won't be disappointed as well.

EDIT: The Ice Climbers' "crying animation" NEEDS to be a taunt if it isn't already.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
But crying isn't necessarily taunting. I love that animation but it's not really a taunt, y'know?
Also, a cool easter egg with the Icies would be if you hit taunt while grabbing someone you started wobbling. That'd be hilarious. And after it's over you're banned from tournament play xD

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
But crying isn't necessarily taunting. I love that animation but it's not really a taunt, y'know?
Also, a cool easter egg with the Icies would be if you hit taunt while grabbing someone you started wobbling. That'd be hilarious. And after it's over you're banned from tournament play xD
but wobbling was removed....

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
You realize adding it back in makes the whole shoulder-bash/running grab mixup the PMBR hyped up with Wario pointless, right?
Eh, I'd rather have the vBrawl dash grab anyway. I still feel like he should have both options. I used that crouch dash a lot...

I mean, this IS a wishlist...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm less for wishing and more for actually making practical suggestions that could realistically be put in the game.

Which is why this thread is kind of pointless anyways.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
The Metal Mario hold-R-like-the-giga-bowser-easter-egg idea is actually pretty cool. I bet it wouldn't be broken like Giga Bowser and Wario Man and could possibly be usable in tournament. That would give us, essentially, another playable character without wasting a clone slot, if it worked.
I think they should do this for sure. The same for Kirby, Captain Falcon, Zelda and the corresponding Alloys. Then maybe the Mario alloy could only work by holding R when you choose the Dr Mario costumes while Metal Mario only works when your wearing the Mario costumes. Or something like that if that isnt possible.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I think they should do this for sure. The same for Kirby, Captain Falcon, Zelda and the corresponding Alloys. Then maybe the Mario alloy could only work by holding R when you choose the Dr Mario costumes while Metal Mario only works when your wearing the Mario costumes. Or something like that if that isnt possible.
Why? The alloys are just Mario, Kirby, C. Falcon, and Zelda without Final Smashes, special moves, voices, shields, or anything that would make a character playable. Not even to mention the fact that it will always have a small chance of freezing the game.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Why? The alloys are just Mario, Kirby, C. Falcon, and Zelda without Final Smashes, special moves, voices, shields, or anything that would make a character playable. Not even to mention the fact that it will always have a small chance of freezing the game.
Well like mentioned earlier everyone is balanced and PM doesn't have those joke characters or terrible characters for messing around with. The alloys would give us that. It would just be for fun like Giga Bowser.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Well like mentioned earlier everyone is balanced and PM doesn't have those joke characters or terrible characters for messing around with. The alloys would give us that. It would just be for fun like Giga Bowser.
ok then, but I`d rather the alloys have their own slot and you cycle through them like you would a costume (I remember a hack that let you do that.) they could have some icon indicating that they arn`t competitively viable.

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
I want for the next release for people to quit complaining about every minuscule change

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Wishlists? Many of these feel like useless additions for ****s and giggles instead of adding anything with substance.

1) Giving Mario 3 new tap taunts that permanently change your costume for the remainder of combat reeks of "Pointless waste of space". It's a cute idea, but I'd prefer one tap taunt for him instead of three, since if he gets three, why can't everyone? Slippery slope.

2) Bringing back the Brawl Wifi stage is already do-able. Just delete the training stage from your stages folder. Nothing about the stage in it's original form was really worth bringing back to the main game, especially not when we've got Training Stage.

3) PM's Distant Planet (SSE Jungle) is more interesting than the normal one now. The leaf platforms alone add a decent amount of uniqueness to the way the stage operates. The smaller size makes it friendly for 1x1 games far more than the old gigantic version did too.

4) Young Link is a waste of space. We have no need for 3 different versions of Links. Same goes for Pichu. How many Pokemon do we need before people are satisfied? If they're going to use the clone engine, can it be used for characters that haven't already been done in previous incarnations of Smash?

5) Boshi? Eh, I'd rather them stick to playable Yoshi colors and see a Brown Yoshi, since it's the only official Yoshi color not represented in Project M. Boshi isn't a very important character and to my knowledge hasn't returned in anything after his minor appearance in SMRPG.

That's enough of being "Da Pahtee Poopa", just a few thoughts that seemed a little silly to me.

Top Bottom