• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Complete] Tournament for Prizes: Showdown Incredible!

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Hey guys! We hosted a succesful tournament before back on Valentines Day, and we thought we would do another one! If you would like to check out the details of the last one:http://smashboards.com/threads/fini...do-have-smash-wii-u-online-tournament.387962/

Tournament is August 1st at 4 PM EST. This time our prizes are a little more Glamorous, a $50 eshop gift card for 1st place, and a $20 eshop gift card for 2nd place! But it's not a giveaway of course, so make sure to check out the tournament details :p

The tournament is being hosted on the @ Shamurai Formerly Shamurai Formerly twitch stream: http://twitch.tv/shamuraiformerly. You will conduct matchmaking in chat, so make sure you are there!

This is a Double elimination tournament, meaning you won't lose off of 1 loss. If you lose a match in the losers bracket, you're out. All matches are Best of 3 (first to win 2 matches), except Grand Finals is Best of 5 (first to win 3 matches). Customs Off. 2 Stocks 6 Minutes. No Items. If the winner of game 1 or 2 wants to switch characters for game 2 or 3, they have to tell the loser. Loser may ask if winner is going to switch characters, after stage is decided on.

Miis can have any moveset, any size. Just have the name be the set, and no equipment please!

Stage Selection is pretty different from the average tournament, but we are trying to make this quicker, cleaner, and more accessible. This may not be the most balanced thing, but this is for fun :p
You can pick any of the legal stages, and you have to cross your fingers you get your pick. It's unorthodox, but quick.
Legal Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination (and omegas)
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Seige
Duck Hunt
Halberd
Dreamland

Top 8 will all be hosted on stream, so don't play at top 8. Random matches will be played on stream. You are welcome to ask to be on stream, but if you are ignored or we say no, please respect that and don't spam :)

The Tournament bracket and sign ups are here: http://challonge.com/TPSI

If you have any questions, suggestions, or are joining, please comment down below! ^_^

Last edited:

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Oh boy, this seems like it'll be fun. Been holding off from Smash tournaments due to college. Let's see my rust keep me off the top 8. :p

xxSOMERANDOMEGUYxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ssbftwin
Can you move the time to like 12:00 pm est?

WHY CANT IT BE MONDAY PLS

Last edited by a moderator:

xxSOMERANDOMEGUYxx

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ssbftwin
OH MY ****ING GOD

THE ONE TIME I SEE A ONLINE TOURNAMENT WITH PRIZES I CANT BE ****ING AVAILABLE!!!

M4rkus

Smash Rookie
Looks cool! But is it allowed to choose omega stages?

I signed up :D And another question: Will the Eshop card work in Europe?

aszawislak

Smash Rookie
NNID
CraftsyGaming
3DS FC
0877-2702-1956
Probably will be doing this! Thanks for hosting!

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
@ Jiggly Jiggly

I'd like to address some problems with no stage bans. Some stages are unwinnable for some characters or some match ups. Zelda can't elevator oos or just use farore's wind on stage in general. Peach can camp little mac, ganon, robin, etc. on the top platform on DH. At least let the winner strike at least 1-2 stages.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
@ Jiggly Jiggly

I'd like to address some problems with no stage bans. Some stages are unwinnable for some characters or some match ups. Zelda can't elevator oos or just use farore's wind on stage in general. Peach can camp little mac, ganon, robin, etc. on the top platform on DH. At least let the winner strike at least 1-2 stages.
This part isn't actually up to me, sorry. :(

I agree, but the point is to make it simple, easier, and more accessible to new players. So watevs :/

Zguh

Smash Rookie
I hope I remember this is happening

I also hope that the people who enter are fun to play against (skilled, no lag) because easy wins aren't the most hype.

Will this be streamed perchance?

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Hi @ Jiggly Jiggly

I was wondering if the tournament could be started on friday instead of Saturday, as some people might have things IRL to do on a social day as Saturday. Friday is optimal for me and my friends as we can get off our responsibilities and participate on the evening.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
Hi @ Jiggly Jiggly

I was wondering if the tournament could be started on friday instead of Saturday, as some people might have things IRL to do on a social day as Saturday. Friday is optimal for me and my friends as we can get off our responsibilities and participate on the evening.
Friday is work :(

Mr.Sile

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dorvillo
Friday is work :(
How about Sunday? I mean, you're the TO, but I was just wondering if there was the slightest possibility if it could happen on a day I'm available since I can't Saturday from 4p-8p.

I just really don't want to miss this.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
How about Sunday? I mean, you're the TO, but I was just wondering if there was the slightest possibility if it could happen on a day I'm available since I can't Saturday from 4p-8p.

I just really don't want to miss this.
It's just too close to change. Especially since many people are expecting this to be the timeslot, I could cause several others to be unable to attend. I'm sorry you can't do this one, but there isn't much I can change about it

Edit: Im also adding a rule where if the winner wants to switch characters for game 2/3, they have to announce it. This gives loser counterpick priority.

Last edited:

CHICO 93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SuperCheekNasty
It's just too close to change. Especially since many people are expecting this to be the timeslot, I could cause several others to be unable to attend. I'm sorry you can't do this one, but there isn't much I can change about it

Edit: Im also adding a rule where if the winner wants to switch characters for game 2/3, they have to announce it. This gives loser counterpick priority.
Soo if u you lose you dont gotta tell them your switching characters right?

Top Bottom