• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Complete Grab-Release (congo carry) thread in-progress

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Nix, on your list, snakes nade wouldn't really help, because it would be detonated by our upb (we'd take no damage due to invincibility frames) and he'd take double damage, or he'd still get hit and be stuck with a grenade in his hand near the bottom of the stage

TheNix

Smash Journeyman
Nix, on your list, snakes nade wouldn't really help, because it would be detonated by our upb (we'd take no damage due to invincibility frames) and he'd take double damage, or he'd still get hit and be stuck with a grenade in his hand near the bottom of the stage
True, I never considered the fact that we wouldn't take damage. Still, he's in the right group (characters who can pull something off but it's a terrible idea to do so).

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
So when is the OP going to be updated with all the info. This is really important, and if grab releasing can be incorporated into DK's game, that is now another thing we can do.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Alright, about the aerial cargo release Up-B thing I posted.

The reason it works on snake is because no matter how he DIs he can't grab the ledge after being released.

also, I don't think any of his aerials come out in time to escape it.

I'm pretty sure most people are vulnurable the first 4 frames or so of their air dodge so he can't do that.

The only thing I think he can do is Double Jump and eat the UpB forcing him to up-b while you grab the ledge.

Then you can spike him.

PS: Most people instatnly try to jump after being cargo relaesed so You can probably gimp every snake player at least once with this.

And if he thinks your gonna do it again they won't DJ after the cargo release. so instead of the Up- Bing you foot stool to force them to up-B.

You D-air spike them again. MINDGAMES OVER

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
^ I will certainly attempt this tonight.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Seems like a reliable sho-guard setup, and is also a substitute for the cargo stage spike. I will definitely test this release grab.

Top Bottom