• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Compilation of technical/frame data

MCG

Smash Apprentice
Unless there's something that I don't know, I don't see why frame 12 of a kirby f-air would be any different in size or position.

Studstill

Smash Ace
So character animation isn`t on a loop of like 4 or so frames? Is it still clear what I`m asking?
Also, hey man long time! Hope you are well!

Last edited:

MCG

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry I'm still lurking here.

So what you're asking is if, for example, frame 8 of kirby's f-air is the same as frame 11, and 14, etc.? The answer is yes. A look at Toomai's spreadsheet will tell you so. It's basically frame by frame execution of code :

After 8
Set Flag 30
Hitbox 0
Hitbox 1
Begin Loop 6
SFX [19] [219]
Wait 2
End Hitboxes
Wait 1
Revive Hitbox 0
Revive Hitbox 1
End Loop
SFX [19] [219]
Wait 2
End Hitboxes
Hitbox 0
Hitbox 1
Wait 1
End Hitboxes
Set Flag 0
-

I don't know what flag 30 is for, but you're right when you say it's a loop and it revives the same hitboxes (0, and 1). AND you also have fair landing data in the same spreadsheet. For most of the characters, the landing data only contains sound and graphical effects but in the case if kirby's fair (and jiggly's dair and probably others) there are also hitbox data. When you cancel the aerial, these instructions (sound, graph effects + hitbox in the case of landing hitboxes) won't be run. By taking a quick look at the spreadsheet, you can identify which aerial possesses landing hitboxes.

ganas

Smash Cadet
Why is a thread like this not stickied? This is really useful stuff that I didn't know how to find.

edit: double post, my bad

Last edited by a moderator:

Studstill

Smash Ace
That`s perfect man, thanks so much. Lurk always!
I actualy just stumbled into confirmation of this, but also a possibly counter-example..
Q turned on Hitbox display and I started doing Kirbs B move.
His char animation is going through the loop, but the hitbox is perfectly still. Which means that the chart is of course correct, but that it also doesnt get 'attached' or at least actually always move with the animation. This seems like a simple thing but it`s important to know. I guess they are attached to the bone and bones don`t move with animation, always at least.
Even cooler, if you jump you can see clearly the 'expansion' cause by the hitbox two-frame existence, and manipulate it by decreasing the overlap by fast falling. Very cool!.
The counter-example is Luigi Up B, the hitboxes do appear to move as he twists in and out of the active plane. Thoughts?

NAMQ

Smash Rookie
Ness data is not availavble deleted from dropbox or something, (The american version atleast). Downloading the JP .zip to atleast get ness data from it.

MCG

Smash Apprentice
Ness data is not availavble deleted from dropbox or something, (The american version atleast). Downloading the JP .zip to atleast get ness data from it.
I'll send you a pm

DigitalDomovoi

Smash Rookie
Hi MCG,

Been combing through all this data, and I was wondering if I could also trouble you for the US Ness frame data? Will be happy to pass along to others on request after that, of course.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
I might have lost Link's PAL Attributes, and I know that this is a necro-bump, but I need his attributes from the PAL version again.

EDIT 02/07/2016: Never mind, I got them.

EDIT 06/22/2017: @Madao Do you have any thoughts about finding out the values of each characters ledge grab ranges? Apologies on another necro-bump.

Last edited:
Top Bottom